Gateway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gateway

Your Paranormal Site

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Vanishing Construction Worker

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 724
Registration date : 2008-01-26

The Vanishing Construction Worker Empty
PostSubject: The Vanishing Construction Worker   The Vanishing Construction Worker Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 4:16 am

This happened to me not very long ago, just a week or so before Christmas in 2004. I was at one of the shopping centers in downtown Chicago on Michigan Avenue with a couple friends doing some last-minute Christmas shopping. We were just about to leave one of the department stores we'd just been in when a couple of us, myself included, decided to use the restrooms before we headed back out into the mall. The mens' and womens' restrooms are next to each other seperated by a small wall with drinking fountains on it, and are each located down seperate short corridors that lead into a tiny lounge space, then into the restroom itself.

The two girls went their way, and I walked towards the men's when all of a sudden, seemingly out of nowhere, this dirty and burly construction worker walked quickly past me and turned down the corner into the corridor that led to the men's room. He looked like he was in a hurry to get there to do his thing. I also noticed he made no sound whatsoever and also how I didn't see his face as he strode by me quickly. I went down the hall and into the lounge area and opened the door into the men's room. I didn't see the construction guy in there as I walked to the urinal to do my thing.

Then when I was done, I was shocked to see both of the stall's doors open and both were unoccupied. I had to pause a second and think. He couldn't have walked out in the minute or so I was at the urinal, I'd have heard the stall door open and him walking behind me. Then thought maybe he didn't actually come in the restroom but was sitting in the lounge area and I didn't notice him as I was walking through. I walked into the little lounge room, and of course it was empty.

I began to wonder if I'd even really seen the construction worker or if I'd imagined it, but I then realized I did see him, because I could remember details of what he looked like (like both of the knees of his jeans were torn, and that he had a reddish flannel shirt on with the sleeves rolled up.) I waited in the area outside the restrooms for the girls to come out and when they did, asked if they'd seen the construction worker as they were walking toward the ladies' room and they said they didn't see any construction worker. If I wasn't seeing things, then I wonder if what I saw was a ghost

By: btk60187@earthlink.net
Back to top Go down
http://www.hauntings.silversgateway.com
Alice

Alice

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-02-10

PostSubject: Re: The Vanishing Construction Worker   The Vanishing Construction Worker Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 2:09 pm

It would be interesting to know was there maybe an accident during the construction of this building.
Back to top Go down
troyarn

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: The Vanishing Construction Worker   The Vanishing Construction Worker Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 8:33 pm

Very strange. I wonder if it were a spirit that continued to re-live the same walk over and over, or if it was just some chance meeting with a ghost who was roaming about. I find these stories disturbing...the ones where the ghost seems to be just the average joe doing his thing...till you find out otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Vanishing Construction Worker   The Vanishing Construction Worker Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Vanishing Construction Worker
Page 1 of 1