Gateway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gateway

Your Paranormal Site

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

White Haven Plantation

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 724
Registration date : 2008-01-26

White Haven Plantation Empty
PostSubject: White Haven Plantation   White Haven Plantation Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 4:16 am

My name is Blair and I am originally from Mer Rouge, LA. I grew up on White Haven Plantation, which was originally built in 1776. My great grandmother bought the house from a Spanish family. We have the original Spanish land settlement document.

The house has 19 rooms downstairs and 5 upstairs. The numerous buildings around included the barn, smokehouse, milk house, cooks house, etc.

My great grandmother, Gertrude Rolfe White, was a medium and would frequently have seances. The woman who previously lived in the house was also a medium. During these seances, attended by my grandmother, father and other family members, many spiritual activies would occur. We still the have actual spirit writings. My great grandmother would hold a pen with her fingertips and her hand would quickly write. The writings describe heaven and also told my great grandmother who her guardian angel was. This is just one of many, many instances that have occured.

My parents bought the house in 1981, after my great grandmother passed away. The first night they stayed there, they walked in the side door to see a tall man sitting on the bed, wearing a German soldier uniform. My great grandmother had housed numerous German soldiers there in the past. This gentleman has appeared on numerous occasions. Over the years, my Mother saw the majority of the spirits. She saw a little girl a lot sitting in the corner of our sunroom and an older woman wearing a long white gown.

Many friends of the family have also experienced spiritual happenings. Friends would ask my mom, "why didn't you come to the door yesterday? you walked half way to the door and then turned around and went back to the kitchen." Mom would say.."was i wearing all white?" hah..that man has never come back to our house. There are so many things..I don't even know where to start.

I have seen my great aunt, who died before I was born, and my great grandmother. My sister and I also used to see dogs in our bedrooms when we were toddlers. That room used to have windows very low where the dogs could come in and out. I have also heard more things that you can imagine. In the middle of the night, I've heard things crash to the floor and shatter. In the morning, everything would be in place with nothing broken. Footsteps, whistles, coughs, people calling your name, spirits sitting on the edge of your bed, lightly touching your shoulder as you thought someone walked by, etc....

I can't even begin to tell all of the stories. Many people are scared of our house, but it is only good spirits. If people are afraid, spirits will not appear to them. It takes a lot of energy for a spirit to appear to us. Usually, it is for a warning or as a sign. I've grown up seeing/hearing things my whole life so it's nothing new to me.

By: blair.cardinale@gmail.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.hauntings.silversgateway.com

White Haven Plantation
Page 1 of 1