Gateway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gateway

Your Paranormal Site

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Conetoe Rail Crossing in NC

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 724
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Conetoe Rail Crossing in NC Empty
PostSubject: Conetoe Rail Crossing in NC   Conetoe Rail Crossing in NC Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 4:20 am

I can confirm the lights and even more at the Conetoe rail crossing in North Carolina. Although it's been several years since I've been to it (and after the last visit won't go back), I can remember it well. To describe the area, it's straight railroad tracks that cross over a country road and enter a long stretch through a wooded area. The woods on the left go for miles and on the right go about 200 yards and meet up with the back yards of 2-3 houses. Light from the houses is barely visible. The tracks going into the woods do not intersect with another road for about 3 miles according to a map of the area. (Thus the light is NOT cars crossing the tracks further up). No activity has been reported in the track's opposite direction.

About the lights: When the light appears, it's barely a flicker about 100 yards away. If you stand still, the light will intensify and get closer. If you move toward it, it will move away but never leave the area of the train tracks. The light will only come to about 20 yards from you. One time the light was so bright the entire area looked as if it were daytime. Sometimes the light swings back and forth (like a lantern) and other times it seems to be a foot off the ground or as high as six feet off the ground. One guy in our group threw some rocks and yelled at it. With this the color changed from a dull white flicker to an intense yellow. I don't know if that color means anything.

There's more than just a light on the tracks. On one occasion, it became so dark when the light went away that we could no longer see each other. (On that trip there were eight of us). I also noticed that the stars above were no longer visible. This continued for about five minutes. Toward the end of that time, we (ALL OF US SAW THIS) noticed what looked like shadows walking toward us. I'll try my best to describe this. It's already pitch black and we can't see each other, normally you can see the trees that run along the tracks (about 15 feet of clearance on both sides).

Even "blacker" were the shadows, more like silhouettes, walking toward us. They looked to be thin, long men about 10-12 feet tall with very long arms and legs. We could actually hear the gravel along the rails under their feet. When they were about 10 yards away they stopped and stood, as if suddenly aware of us. We could clearly make out features like ears and fingers. As the light began to come back and we could see again they faded out of sight. Having pissed ourselves, we left too. Other times before that you can hear voices. What they say can't be made out but all present could hear it. Needless to say I won't be going back. . .

By: bruce.watson@ngc.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.hauntings.silversgateway.com
troyarn

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Conetoe Rail Crossing in NC   Conetoe Rail Crossing in NC Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 6:21 am

This is a very eerie story. It leaves me wondering what happened out there to make such a strange thing occur. I enjoyed the story very much, but doubt I will ever find myself going out to the Conetoe rail crossing to have a look around.
Back to top Go down
Alice

Alice

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Conetoe Rail Crossing in NC   Conetoe Rail Crossing in NC Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 2:17 pm

That's a scary one! Also, it has UFO-related elements (those dark, tall people who come with strange lights etc.). Makes me wonder. How fast would I run away among other things.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Conetoe Rail Crossing in NC   Conetoe Rail Crossing in NC Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Conetoe Rail Crossing in NC
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gateway :: Gateway :: Haunted Locations-
Jump to: