Gateway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gateway

Your Paranormal Site

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Luckily For Me

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 724
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Luckily For Me Empty
PostSubject: Luckily For Me   Luckily For Me Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 10:10 pm

The first two stories are of private residencies... The second two are public areas, which are both accessable thanks to tours. ^_^ ~Erika

Story 1: The Resident

My family moved into our LA/Orange county home about 18 years ago, so I've been here all 16 years of my life. When I was little, I always fancied my 'invisible friend', whom I have only recently named 'Erik.' I talked to him up until I was about 5 (So my parents told me), then I stopped. When I turned 15, I started seeing things. Out of the corner of my eye, while I was on the computer, I would see a figure in black standing in the doorway to my room (My computer is in my parents room, being they have the alternate phone line - Their door is directly down the hall from mine. You can look through my door from theirs.) I would also smell odd smells, like death, or some sort of fish when none is cooking. There will also be cold spots in the same parts of the downstairs hallway, where most of the activity has taken place. Occasionally, even, I will feel a hand ontop of mine while I'm waiting for something, such as when my parents were yelling on the phone when they found out my mom was unable to get a much-needed surgery.
Lucky for me, that's not all.

There was an instance where I actually -heard- something. I sat in the salon, doing my homework as I normally did. I was home alone. Out of nowhere came a 'THUD-thump-thumpa-thumpa' repatedly from our den. It was rhythmic, and rather loud. I let it run its course for a moment before becoming frustrated and yelling, 'Erik, please! I'm trying to do my homework!' ...It stopped, and I swear... there was an almost regretful sigh afterwards.
I have also seen the same spirit in several places, which has led my friend to believe he's my guardian. He had startled me once at school by appearing in the doorway to our recreation room (naturally, only I could see it), which caused me to move from the line of running freshmen, who would have otherwise run into me.
I am planning to do an EVP as soon as I get an external mic for my recorder.

Story 2: Touched by an Angel

A small home located in a suburb of Chicago houses a very strange spirit. The room I stay in while visiting my grandparents' house is across the hall from what used to be my Uncle's, now deceased. Every now and then, the hanging doors on the closet will sway, even when there is no draft nor air conditioner. In the night, there will be occasional whispering. The spirit has never apepared to be malicious, which has led me to believe it is the spirit of my uncle. Though the house was built during WWII, there is no other reasonable explanation.

Story 3: Nautical Happenings

This is a story I'm sure many people have. It begins on a warm summer day upon the Queen Mary, which is permanently docked in Long Beach, California. I was visiting with my grandparents (from above story) and my parents and brother, since I had been begging to go for a long time. My grandmother and I had just passed the closed-off fitness room, which my parents, brother and grandfather had stopped at to gawk at. Gran had gone ahead a bit, so I was walking virtually alone. I descended the stairs at the end of the hall slowly, half because I was tired, half because I was waiting for the group of four to catch up. As I went down, I felt a violent jerk on my backpack, as if someone didn't want me to progress any further. I turned immediately, believing it was my brother being a jerk. There was no one there.

As we left, I turned back to the boat to take a final snapshot before departing, knowing it would be a long time before I'd see it again. On the highest point of the boat, closed off to the public, I saw a woman in white with dark hair, her dress blowing in the wind. I thought it was an employee, until I looked again, and there was nothing there, and no door through which she could have gone.

Story 4: Purple and Gold

Luckily for me, this has only happened today, so the details are easy to remember.
Of course, every ghost-researching person, serious or phony, in this country has heard of the Whaley House... the most haunted house in the United States, whose residents include the playful Yankee Jim and Anna Whaley, whose lavander perfume can occasionally be smelled by visitors and employees alike.
I had gone upstairs long before my family did, eager to view the house I had read so much about. There were only a few of us upstairs at the time - one woman and three men, only one of which was wearing any kind of body spray (I sniffed as I passed them... don't ask why. Impulse, I suppose), which was Axe worn by one of the men. I entered the room which had once been a playhouse, and froze in my tracks. The unmistakable smell of lavander perfume hung in the air for a moment, then dissapeared. This happened in several points in the house, which can also be confirmed by my mother, who later smelled it in a different area. We also witnessed a moving curtain, which I checked for a draft. There wasn't any. No one had been in the room for a while, either - I would have seen them, being I was in the room when the curtain started moving.

By: BabyBluYoshi@aol.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.hauntings.silversgateway.com

Luckily For Me
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gateway :: In The News :: General Stories-
Jump to: