Gateway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gateway

Your Paranormal Site

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Asevedo Residential Haunting and The Haunted City of Folsom

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 724
Registration date : 2008-01-26

The Asevedo Residential Haunting and The Haunted City of Folsom Empty
PostSubject: The Asevedo Residential Haunting and The Haunted City of Folsom   The Asevedo Residential Haunting and The Haunted City of Folsom Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 4:45 pm

It's a full moon and the date is October 26, 2007, Saturday. Fellow HPI paranormal investigator and Jazma Online! story contributor Debbie Talani came over to go over some of her writings with me. We take a break and let my Jack Russell Terrier Pika run around out front, when my neighbor Nick Asevedo comes over and tells me more about the paranormal activity that has been going on in his house. Debbie looks at me and I look at her and we both say in unison..."let's do it!" Debbie grabs her digital camera and electronic audio recorder. I grab my notepad, pen and digital camera. Nick's family were all inside watching TV, his sisters, his cousins, his friend Trumane Bell who sports silver plated vampire fangs……I kid you not……the guy has fangs! I start the interview process with Nick and he says that many times, he has seen a white blur moving swiftly in the family room, it's been happening a lot lately. The activity started a few months ago. Nick is no stranger to haunted houses, because he lived in a haunted house in Reno. A small boy 7 or 8 years old drowned in the bathtub of his home in Reno. The child ghost became close with Nick. Nick believes that somehow this small boy ghost has followed him to his new residence in which he lives with his father, mother, sisters, cousins and girlfriend Jainey Warden. Lately the cabinets have been found open, when the family makes sure that all cabinets are closed. Beatrice, Nick's sister has witnessed the TV going off and on by itself. TVs in Beatrice's bedroom and the family room have been turned off and on by itself repeatedly. Nick recalls that when he lived in Reno, a plant on the living room coffee table, slid across the table and onto the floor shattering. His mother saw the full body apparition of the little boy in the Reno residence. While we were at the home doing our preliminary investigation, some of the family members and Debbie were feeling cold spots throughout the house. Nick's little cousin Ruben points to an area of the kitchen where he says he sees a little boy. I snap a picture and the picture shows a huge red orb. I snap a second picture and it's gone. Debbie picks up a lot of EVPs, the EVPs say the following:

Paul: Are you here for Nick? EVP: Sigh. (Little boy's voice).
Debbie is talking with Nick. EVP: I got you, I want you. (Male adult voice).
Debbie: Do you like playing hide and seek? EVP: Yes. (Little boy voice).
Debbie to Blanca (Nick's cousin): Are you scared? EVP: Yes. (Little boy voice).
Nick cell phone rings, Nick picks up and says hello two times. EVP: Very distinct, little boy voice…"Hello". Afterwards Nick cell phones dies and later it reactivates.
EVPs: Inaudible whispers of children.
EVP: Heavy breathing from a child.
EVP: Mysterious growl.

The pictures I snap around the house are of a distinct crystal orb in the backyard, a huge red orb in the backyard, two small orbs near the living room where Nick is sitting. One small orb near Trumane Bell in the living room where he is sitting. Red orb in the kitchen where Nick's little cousin Ruben points at, indicating that he sees the small boy ghost. The way Ruben points where entities are, reminds me of the movie 'Sixth Sense'..."I see dead people." It's kind of spooky seeing this little boy walking around the house, then stop and start pointing at an unseen apparition. I was more spooked out in watching Ruben, than I was after watching Hostel 2 and Mr. Brooks earlier this evening. Jainey Warden relates to me that when she was in the laundry room of Nick's home, she looked up and saw a distinct 'shadow person'. The shadow person that she saw disappeared within a few seconds. I came to the conclusion that Nick may be haunted, because when Nick and Jainey stayed out in Arizona for a couple of months, the place where they were staying at, they had an unusual incident happen to them in the bathroom. The toothpaste tube glides up into the air, moves across the sink and falls to the floor on its own accord. On Saturday, October 27, 2007, I have a meeting with Debbie, Nick and Jainey. Debbie and I go over our findings, we let Nick & Jainey listen to the EVPs and I show everyone the unusual orb pictures I took at Nick's home. I contact Shannon 'Ms. Macabre' McCabe immediately in Las Vegas, where she is doing her own paranormal scouting mission and attending a wedding. Shannon tells me to get a team ready for the investigation. So, as I get results from the full-blown investigation of Nick's home, be prepared to see what we find!

This night, I get dressed up as a Warriors NBA basketball player superstar, with Warriors jersey, sunglasses and carrying my basketball. Why am I dressed up this way? Am I a Warriors fan? Nope, not at all, in fact I don't even watch basketball, I'm just getting ready for Michele Paykel/John Wachter's Halloween Bash at their home. I arrive and there are a zillion Halloween decorations everywhere, a huge talking Frankenstein and some other big monstrous figurines that move, talk and greet you. HPI members that show up are Kristen Sheley in her generic Halloween costume, where you can check off the box if you are a ghost, ghoul, werewolf, goblin, etc. John and Michele are pirates, Chris Grissom is Chris Grissom, Donna Reynolds is a witch (in real life she is a witch), Alicia Perry is a boxer, Mary Casiano looks like a serial killer nurse in scrubs. I gorge down chicken wings and a dozen other finger foods and chase it down with Pepsi, while Chris was making like James Bond and drinking a fancy Martini. While Black Sabbath music is playing, I was stumbling over mock-up coffins and carried on conversations with HPI members about past HPI investigations and upcoming paranormal investigations that HPI is planning. I hung out until midnight and decided I better head off home, because at 9am, I have to be up and ready for my scouting mission to the City of Folsom. I want to know about the shops that are supposingly haunted in this old town.

October 28, 2007, Sunday is here. I'm on the road by 9:00am and I am picking up the woman who has given me a tip that most of the City of Folsom is haunted. That woman is Victoria Roff. Victoria is no stranger to the paranormal. She describes her own experiences. At the age of 12, she lived in an apartment that was near a home that she thought was haunted. When she would walk past this home to her apartment, she would observe the outdoor faucet handle turn on its own and water would come out. She observed this several times and it was frightening for her. At the age of 18, she lived in Vallejo and heard footsteps outside of the cottage she lived in. Her dogs would react to the sound of footsteps by barking. She says that it sounded like someone was walking with boots on. Victoria and her boyfriend observed a wine bottle full of pennies tip slowly on its side. There were so many occurrences, Victoria decided to give the ghost a name and she started calling the ghost Sandy. Sandy was known to bring in cold chills to the cottage, during hot Summer days.

I deputized Victoria as a paranormal investigator-in-training and off we went to investigate the City of Folsom. Our first stop was Mary's Gold Miner Restaurant for breakfast. Investigators need a healthy substance of nutrition in their stomachs before any good investigation. I went for the ham & cheese omelet, biscuit and some fried tatters, that were chased down with a tall glass of milk. We were now off and running, our first stop was:

CONTINUE NEXT POST
Back to top Go down
http://www.hauntings.silversgateway.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 724
Registration date : 2008-01-26

The Asevedo Residential Haunting and The Haunted City of Folsom Empty
PostSubject: PART 02   The Asevedo Residential Haunting and The Haunted City of Folsom Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 4:45 pm

CONTINUED FROM LAST POST

Planet Earth Rising / PlanetEarthRising.com 625 Sutter Street, Folsom, CA 95630
We spoke with Darrell Trimble, Shirley Caddy/Intuitive, Michael Mansur - Independent Contractor/Clairvoyant Channel Energy Healer and Tiffany Tyler who all work in the store that sells minerals, jewelry, clothing, books, music, Wiccan paraphernalia, Egyptian - Buddhism artifacts, mystical items, metaphysical material. They even have spiritual readings for their customers. Some of the activities these employees say happen are that books have flown off shelves, sometimes items are out of place, Clara the ghost is known to shut off the lights. Planet Earth Rising is built on the site of one of the first Bank of America buildings built in Folsom and other past buildings were the Folsom Telegraph and Orangevale Times building. Shirley believes that there is a portal somewhere in the back of this store. She points out at the discoloration on the wall that she feels looks like a religious icon. Michael Mansur said that one time he felt some negative energy in the story and felt a feeling of dread.

Historic Folsom Hotel - 703 Sutter Street, Folsom CA 95630.
Previously named the New Western Hotel, this hotel was built by a man named Zimmerman for a cost of $7,000.00. To complete the building of this hotel, it needed the installation of the back bar mirror. Samuel Levits, the maker of this mirror asked Zimmerman for the hotel keys, so he can work on getting the mirror ready for the bar. While cutting the mirror, Levits cut his wrist severely and in a desperate attempt to save himself kicked over some keys towards the door to get it open so he can run for help, before he bled to death. Unfortunately, Levits died. Many people claim they can still hear Levits kick those keys towards the door. If the sound of keys is still heard, it sounds like a good case of residual haunting in this hotel. While at this hotel I interviewed Desiree Lhoir - bartender, Kalene Varando - bartender (over the phone) and Randy Hawthorne - bouncer. Randy has heard a piano playing while closing up the bar. Desiree says that before I came to this hotel there was a loud banging on the bar table that startled everyone and then a few minutes later Victoria and I walked through the door. Desiree said it was like if the ghost of Samuel Levits was warning them that they will have visitors. Randy shows me a photo that Kalene took of the regulars and on the far left hand side is the ghostly image of Samuel Levits? I told Kalene she must send me this picture via email. It was the most incredible photo of a ghost I have ever seen. The picture was taken in 2006. Desiree says that sometimes the back doors open on their own accord. Randy explains to me that the hotel was built in 1885 and he believes there are 2 entities in this hotel. Samuel Levits and the Folsom Hotel Lady of the Night Ghost who likes to goose people as they walk by. The Folsom Hotel Lady of the Night has a real sense of humor most patrons say. Randy is a bit of a Folsom Hotel historian as he explains to me that there are tunnels underneath the hotel that were built during prohibition days to smuggle in liquor. Kalene over the phone tells me that people see faces in the mirrors. Some patrons have seen shadowy figures walk by and disappear. Other patrons feel a presence on the bar stool next to them. There are noises mysteriously coming from the bar, when there is no one around. Bottles at times fall from the bar shelf. Kalene was once touched on her back and has seen shadowy figures dart around with her peripheral vision. Kalene has worked at the hotel for 2 years and tells me that in the basement there is an identical bar as to the bar we are sitting at. Then Kalene describes the days when the hotel was used as a brothel. There is a lot of history at the Historic Folsom Hotel and as I walked away, Randy stops me and tells me that Folsom Lake Bowl is also haunted by a ghost called Mary the Ghost. Randy has actually seen Mary the Ghost and describes her as a small petite woman and that one night at this bar, he approached her and she vanished in front of his eyes.

Snyder's House of Jade - 709 Sutter Street, Folsom, CA 95630 houseofjade@comcast.net
At this establishment I interviewed Ken Snyder and Irene Snyder, owners. Irene describes how a medium came to their shop and looked at a singing bowl and knew who made it and started describing the makers, two old Korean men. The medium was from out of town and was brought here by the police to solve a murder. The murder was solved, she located the victim's body in Granite Bay using psychometrics, the touching of objects and reading the energy that emanates from a deceased person's possessions. One employee of this store, felt a cold breath on her neck and this store was built upon an old mortuary where they stored bodies and built caskets.

Folsom's Sutter Club
The ghost is named Louie. Sandi Walker - bartender gave the name to this ghost, she had to call him something and Louie sounded like a good name. Louie likes throwing pool cues around, shuts off lights and sometimes sends glassware from the bar flying into open space. Louie is mischievous and loves to harass new employees. Louie is known to get cranky when changes or renovations are made of the bar. Sandi has worked at the bar for 16 years.

Powerhouse Pub:
The ghost is called Kirby. Kirby was the prior owner of this establishment. I interviewed Jamie Sorensen who has been a bartender of this establishment for 2 years. I interviewed three patron regulars named Todd Swode, Thomas (Tom) N. Latimer and Ed Hoard. Legend has it Kirby cursed anyone that would make changes to his bar. No one has challenged the curse. Thomas also knows stories about the Historic Folsom Hotel and said that a female patron was frantic, because she lost her earring and the earring mysteriously appeared on the bar. The female patron was ecstatic with excitement as she was reunited with her expensive and sentimental earring. Todd tells me that he had his own paranormal experience in Modesto. He says that his great, great grandmother made her presence known by sliding a family picture across the wall and then letting it drop, so when someone tells him that Powerhouse Pub may be haunted, he is not skeptical about it. The patrons and Jamie tell me that when I have time, I should interview the owner named Murray Weaver, that he may have more ghostly stories for me. He is the owner of this establishment and another establishment called the Chicago Fire, which is next door.

As I left Folsom and drove Victoria home, with all of the stories and hearing the same stories told by different people and they were all consistent, I would have to agree that the City of Folsom must be haunted and I would like to see a group of HPI investigators do a full-blown investigation of the Historic Folsom Hotel.

As I drove home this evening I get a call. Two young ladies named Jasmine and Murial from Pharr, Texas tell me that their home is haunted. Both of them saw the full body apparition of a little girl. They tell me that their mother was touched on her head by the ghost. They have been touched by the little girl ghost and they have both witnessed dishes falling from the shelves. I tell them that I will get in touch with Dallas Paranormal Investigations to assist them with this problem and have their mother call me to get some more clarification on the activities. Both girls sounded frightened as activity was occurring around them as they were speaking to me.

It was nice to finally get home and relax. Ghosthunting can be an exhausting past-time and I was ready to transfer my written notes into this article and prepare information for possible upcoming investigations from my interviews. HPI has an army of investigators that are willing to take on some of these challenging investigations and when the call of duty presents itself, we are there! A fan named Deb from Reno, Nevada writes in about her own paranormal experience, and you can find her story at my website at: http://forums.jazmaonline.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=465

For more on H.P.I. Haunted and Paranormal Investigations of Northern California and Haunted America Tours, go to the following websites at: www.hpiparanormal.net and www.hauntedamericatours.net

Paul Dale Roberts,
Jazma Freelance Writer
H.P.I. Ghostwriter/Paranormal Investigator
www.jazmaonline.com
JazmaPika@cs.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.hauntings.silversgateway.com

The Asevedo Residential Haunting and The Haunted City of Folsom
Page 1 of 1