Gateway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gateway

Your Paranormal Site

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Haunted Sites: Almourol Castle, Portugal & Sumela Monastery, Turkey

Go down 
AuthorMessage
PaulDaleRoberts

Number of posts : 1740
Registration date : 2009-05-17

Haunted Sites: Almourol Castle, Portugal & Sumela Monastery, Turkey Empty
PostSubject: Haunted Sites: Almourol Castle, Portugal & Sumela Monastery, Turkey   Haunted Sites: Almourol Castle, Portugal & Sumela Monastery, Turkey Icon_minitimeSun Sep 10, 2023 9:33 pm

Paul Dale Roberts, HPI's Esoteric Detective
Sacramento Paranormal Investigations
Halo Paranormal Investigations
www.facebook.com/groups/770718758021419 (Our Facebook Link)
Email: jazmaonline@gmail.com
Sacramento Paranormal Haunted Hotline: 916 203 7503
www.lulu.com/spotlight/httpswwwlulucomspotlightjazmapika1
jazmaonline.boards.net/thread/2495/paul-dale-roberts-biography-revised

ALMOUROL CASTLE, PORTUGAL
When I was visiting Vilar Formoso, Portugal, I met many tourists at a local cafe. I was told that Almourol Castle in Portugal was one of the most haunted castles in Portugal. Unfortunately, I did not visit this castle, because of time constraints, but I did learn a lot about this castle from the tourists. Here's what I know. They say that this castle is haunted by the Almourol Princess. The story goes that during the 9th or 10th century, the ruler of this castle was an Emir named Almorolon. Almorolon's daughter fell in love with a Knight Templar. This was forbidden by Almorolon, but yet his daughter fell deeply in love and was sneaking the Knight into the castle every night. She showed her lover knight a secret passage into the castle. The Knight now knowing about the secret passage told the other knights. The knights came through the secret passage and took over the castle. The Emir and his daughter learning about the betrayal of his daughter's lover, jumped from the highest part of the castle to their deaths. Now in the present time, people see the Almourol Princess roaming the halls of the castle. Some locals have seen the lifeless body of the Emir on the grounds of the castle. When they approach the body, the body disappears. The castle is located next to the Tagus River and fishermen have seen strange moving orbs of light hovering around the castle.

The castle has a lot of history. Historians say that the castle was constructed originally by the Lusitanian Castro. It was later conquered by the Roman Empire in the 1st Century. Other invading forces took over the castle, like the Alans, Visigoths and Andalusian Berbers. Roman artifacts have been found at the castle, confirming that the castle at one time had Roman occupation. Late at night, locals say they hear battle cries, screaming and yelling near the castle, but when they approach the castle, there is no one around and the strange noises will stop. Another ruler of the castle was a warrior named Dom Ramiro. Dom was an evil man and was known to have killed a Moorish woman and her daughter, because they would not share any water with him. A page, who was the son of the murdered Moorish woman sought revenge and poisoned Dom Ramiro's wife. When Dom was out to battle, Beatrice, his daughter fell in love with this page. Dom was furious when he learned about this love tryst. Dom forbid their marriage. Dom was secretly planning to murder this page. He would rather see his daughter marry a knight. Beatrice didn't want to marry the knight and ran off with the page never to be seen again. The strange thing is, tourists and locals claim that they see the ghost of Dom Ramiro kneeling in front of the page and his daughter, begging for forgiveness. The locals feel the reason why they see this strange manifestation is that Dom was killed by his own daughter and her lover, the page. Now this scene of Dom on his knees pleading for his life plays out over and over again. Most likely residual energy.

SUMELA MONASTERY, TURKEY
It is not known when the monastery was founded, but the Turkish Ministry of Culture and Tourism places the date around AD 386, during the reign of Emperor Theodosius I (375–395). According to William Miller, two Athenian monks named Barnabas and Sophronios founded the monastery. During its long history, the monastery fell into ruin several times and was restored by various emperors. During the 6th century, it was restored and enlarged by the Byzantine General Belisarius at the orders of Emperor Justinian. My former business partner Jeff Scott Clifford visited Turkey and one of his stops was at the majestic Sumela Monastery that was constructed right into a cliff.

The paranormal activity at this monastery according to Jeff is very benevolent. Locals and tourists have claimed that they have seen "light beings" or angels near the monastery. Ghostly monks have been seen peering out from the windows. The tour guide told Jeff that the monastery was dedicated to the Virgin Mary. The tour guide says that several people have witnessed the appearance of the Virgin Mary at this monastery. The Virgin Mary appears as a very bright figure, wearing a long flowing white robe. At times she will appear, alongside three angelic type of beings. Witnesses to the Virgin Mary or to angelic beings, will feel a moment of euphoria, that will last for several minutes.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1