Gateway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gateway

Your Paranormal Site

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spirit

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 724
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Spirit Empty
PostSubject: Spirit   Spirit Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 5:57 am

We lived in a house for 32 years that we had a local contractor build. Raised 2 children and assortment of cats and dogs. From the first few nights we were in the house we experienced many times ghostly activity. I have documented most of it. It began with a lot of racket in the middle of the night waking myself and our then 5 year old son up. My husband said it was the new house "settling" One night it was louder than usual and woke him up. He sat up and hollered "what the heck is going on?" I said nothing, just the house settling. I went to the area it seemed to be coming from and had a frank discussion with the spirit. I told it we were not going to leave and that he/she ( I felt it was a he) needed to stop the noise so we could sleep.

Guess what, the noise stopped right then. But the haunting began during the day. Over the years we heard him, I saw him, my daughter and I saw a halo type of light where his head would be on 2 occasions, our dog reacted to him but not the cats, I bumped into him, I felt his fear and unbelievable loneliness and I knew he did not stay in the house but came in and out as he wished.

Once I asked my daughter why she never seemed to have bad dreams and call me during the night. She said she did have bad dreams but the nice man would come and sit on her bed and tell her it was okay so she didn't have to call me. After she left for college the haunting stopped. I asked the ghost if he was still there to let me know and a large art piece came crashing off the wall. So I assumed he was still there. I have a lot of detailed stories to tell about him but I don't know where to start.

He would turn the TV on sometimes at night and he would turn on a music box that played Stardust. He would swipe articles and maybe a year or lots later return them. Our family thought of him as part of our lives although we seldom spoke to anyone about it. If the subject came up we would. Anyway my mom said I should pray for his soul and I did. The last few years we lived there I believe he was gone. All in all it was a rewarding experience that reinforced our faith in the afterlife.

By: dcalhoun3@stny.rr.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.hauntings.silversgateway.com

Spirit
Page 1 of 1