Gateway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gateway

Your Paranormal Site

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dream of Life

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Alice

Alice

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-02-10

Dream of Life Empty
PostSubject: Dream of Life   Dream of Life Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 5:13 pm

This is not a ghost story, it is written down for those interested in precognition and reincarnation phenomenon.
Some people can see future, at least to some extent. I’m one of those poor souls who get glimpses of future, but those never, ever contain full story or God forbid useful information. Only bits and pieces enough to make me wonder, too little to make me see the whole picture.
Few months before former Yugoslavia fell apart and our ugly little war started I begun to dream the earth is opening under my feet. Very unpleasant dreams that became regular. As a result, few nights before first mortar shells hit us I was already sleeping with my clothes on.
Then one afternoon I was taking a nap in my room and dreamt a lightning strikes in front of our building. So I woke up and went to kitchen, half way there a grenade (not the hand grenade but that big ba***rd from howitzer) exploded at the spot where lightning stroke in my dream, sending splinters through my window. That could’ve been an ouch!
Once I went to a store and couldn’t stand it. I had to get out. Few hours after, a direct hit.
And so on. Basically, I do get information of future, through dream or a feeling, but in such a hazy form that the meaning becomes clear only after everything is over. So I’m sometimes ungrateful saying – why bother? All I get is few more hours of worrying.
But good things also happen, and announce themselves too. When we were renovating an old, ruined house to become our first real home I was dreaming finishing of particular stages, one by one, even with dates that turned to be correct.

OK, now something that could be memories of the past life:
One of the wackiest dreams I ever had evolved in a whole serial. First I dreamt, and it was about 15 years ago, that I live in Austria, near a beautiful lake. Lake was narrow compared to its length, with a railroad near its shore and mountain that rose above, few lower peaks covered with forest, meadows underneath. Very beautiful.
I woke up vividly remembering the scenery, feeling oddly good. I usually dream horrors.
Next time, same beautiful place, but now I’m aware I’m male and I’m talking to my brother. After waking up I was amused for hours, for I haven’t been thinking before how does it feel to be of the opposite sex. Pretty much the same. Only the walk is different, I walked moving my shoulders in a funny way.
Next dream (few months on irregular basis between dreams) and me and my brother are among the crowd at the train station, laughing, entering the train with wooden benches instead of seats, waving to someone. Train goes east, we talk and know we’ll be parting soon. In every of those dreams we are talking German and my brain accepts that with no problem, although in real life my German is… sehr schlecht. I’m only bilingual (well I hope I am, you tell me if this is acceptable English LOL). That brother is my husband in real life, like it sometimes happens in dreams: you just know who is it although he/she looks completely different.
I remembered those dreams very clearly because they were a separate category among other dreams, like a TV show with its own characters and story, but never thought they were anything else than my silly brain recreating itself.
Until we traveled by car through Austria. We were on the Autobahn, west of Klagenfurt, going towards Spittal. My husband was driving, I was looking around and near Villach, on the right side a beautiful lake appeared. Long, narrow, with train tracks along the shore under the mountain, with lower hilltops covered in woods, everything was right, except the road we were on. Now, there is more than one lake in this world that could fit the description, but I’m sure it was “my” lake. Let me explain: you can show me thousands of houses similar to mine but I will always know which one IS mine. This was the place from my dreams and I haven’t been shown pictures of that particular lake. Even if I had seen it somewhere and forgot about it, why would it take such an important role in my subconscious mind?
It took few years before I had next dream from the same serial. My brother was no longer with me, but a group of people I apparently knew. We were in the woods, digging a hole in the ground, joking about the size of the hole that supposed to be septic. The mind of the character that was me in the dream wasn’t thinking at that moment about anything else but “damned Ukraine, damned hole, the winter is coming, damned hole”. I woke up, remembering every little detail, including German uniforms on those people.
That’s my luck! Other people were Napoleon, Cleopatra or Marie Antoinette in their past lives, I was nobody from Austria that dug septics in Ukraine during WWII.
But it got even worse in the next dream. We were laying behind a long rising, like a bank of a irrigation canal, only there was no water and ground was covered by hard, frosted snow. I was thinking how cold it is, how hungry and tired I am. The Russians appeared, on horses, charging towards us. I started to think about a girl (I’m female, straight, in this life so when I woke up it was hilarious thing to remember), obviously a fiancée or something. And how cold, tired, hungry I am. Instead of firing from behind the rising I stood up and almost instantly got hit. No pain, just realization I’m hit probably in the chest, followed by the feeling of immense relief.
I certainly would like to know if this place exists too but frankly I’m not comfortable with idea of finding that spot. If seeing the place which was my home struck me so hard, the place of my death would probably kill me again. Or not, the death as I remember it wasn’t bad at all.

I’ll cramp up one more here because I think it goes with the previous: my visiting Berlin in this real life gave me impression I’ve visited it in previous life too. I dreamt of a friend of mine who grew up in Germany, standing at the stairs that lead down to U-Bahn station, smiling and saying: “You haven’t seen this before? There are many new things here you’ll see.” She went up, I went down to the station. Nothing special, I woke up and thought it was long time since I saw that friend of mine. After few days my husband told me he was going to business trip to Berlin, would I like to come too. Of course I’ll go, I’ve never been to Berlin before. I remembered my dream and thought well, that’s why I dreamt it.
When we got there he was busy most of the day so I went snooping around the town. I don’t like organized tours so I decided to walk and use normal public transport because I like to see the real places, not just selected galleries and museums. Long story short: first U-Bahn station was the one from dream. Any new part of the town made me feel lost and puzzled but old parts (like Mitte)… I recognized them. Not “oh I’ve seen a photo” but “oh, my God, I’ve been here already!”. When I saw Brandenburger Tor I thought how small it looks today. The monument itself is far from small, but I “remember” it looking somehow bigger. And the funniest thing was tourists kept asking me for directions. It was amusing at first but after being stopped for the fourth or fifth time I felt like I’m loosing my mind.
Maybe I do, at least I’m having fun in process.
Back to top Go down
troyarn

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Dream of Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dream of Life   Dream of Life Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 6:12 pm

VERY excellent!!! I am glad you finally decided to write this down. I hope you have some more because this makes me want to hear it. And I am usually not interested in this subject ( I am a die-hard ghost fan). Really, you made me a believer.
Here is something...Over the years I have dreamed of a city. In each dream, I go to a new section of the city and eventually I have connected it all so that I know my way around. The thing is, each section is a part of my life...and I dream about each part of my life before it happens. For example...I had a dream of an exotic part of the city that seemed also to be European in a way. Years later I found myself in Hong Kong. Then I dreamt of a hilly part and I was connected to an older lady there. The older lady is my wife´s gran and the city, of course, turned out to be Sarajevo.
I want to write this down well, but it would take time. Still, your stories have inspired me. I am so glad to have read them. Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
Alice

Alice

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-02-10

Dream of Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dream of Life   Dream of Life Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 7:07 pm

Thank you for reading and understanding! I think you really should write your stories down. Not just because I'd love to hear them, but for yourself: I hesitated, and now I feel like I had psychotherapy, LOL. Usually I do not hide my experiences but also don't talk much about them because I already strike people as "different" so I don't want to get the title of local witch too soon.
That apparitions we saw, this kind of dreams with reality "leaking in", looks like we have similar brain construction or something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dream of Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dream of Life   Dream of Life Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dream of Life
Page 1 of 1