Gateway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gateway

Your Paranormal Site

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Newburg , Mo.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 724
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Newburg , Mo. Empty
PostSubject: Newburg , Mo.   Newburg , Mo. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 8:52 am

I have another story about the woods in which I grew up just down Highway T N/East of Newburg . I have heard that it was know as Satans holler though i cannot find any historical documentation. The name it is most commonly called is "Bakers Sluegh" due to a long stretch of water cut off from the Little Piney by a stretch of Fields. Our house is on the opposite side of the road from the "Sluegh" and there are two small ponds and a larger lake . We own some acres of the land and on the southern side we are bordered by Mark Twain National Forest. There have been odd goings on for years here .

Most witnessed by the locals who live on this road. But it all seems centered around the old Bkers Place which is up a small hill directly east and South of our property. There is also an unexplainable draft of extremely cold air which blows down the lane which goes up to the house. The lane is actually located in a small ravine , which opens up into a small valley . Though this could explain some of the cooler air , the air that emmanates from it is extremely cooler than most would think is Normal. However , it isn't always so . But at certain times.

The road and woods itself seem to also be haunted. Friends feel uneasy and fearful when getting out of their cars at night. When we let the dogs out some nights, we feel a very eerie and almost malevolent presence. My own mother said one night she saw red eyes in the woods. These are only a few of the many experiences people have had . These of course are personal or familial ones that i have re counted here. All in All i would say that Newburg Mo. should also be included on your list of Haunted Missouri. =)

By: johnathan.skaggs@gmail.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.hauntings.silversgateway.com

Newburg , Mo.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gateway :: Gateway :: Haunted Locations-
Jump to: