Gateway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gateway

Your Paranormal Site

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

St Thomas Church in Thomaston, Ct.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 724
Registration date : 2008-01-26

St Thomas Church in Thomaston, Ct. Empty
PostSubject: St Thomas Church in Thomaston, Ct.   St Thomas Church in Thomaston, Ct. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 2:33 am

Hello. My name is Laura Grenier. I was messing around looking at differant web-sites during Halloween and stumbled upon your site. I was born and raised in Thomaston, CT. I now live in Tennessee with my husband and daughter. Of course everyone in Thomaston has known about the Opera House hauntings. I was amased to see that the St. Thomas church and school was on the hauntings list. However, I am not surprised. My older sister and I both attended St. Thomas school back in the 1970's. I distinctly remember going to services and functions at St. Thomas Church very often. As a child I can remember the basement of the church. Even at 5 years of age it was a place that felt erie. There were instances in the basement that went unexplained. One instance I can remember is the presence of water in the old basement kitchen. Church workers would always talk about the "kitchen creek". There were no busted pipes or leaky faucets. However, once in a while there would be a pool of water on the floor with no explaination where it came from. I can remember my mother, whom was an active church member of St. Thomas, not allowing my sister or I in the basement. She would often discuss with my father how lights would go off by themselves leaving the basement in complete darkness (there were no windows in the basement only floresent lighting). We all knew there was something or someone in the church itself but we never discussed it (catholics seldom do).

It was not until I came upon your site that I asked my sister and parents about what happen in the basement. My sister, who now resides in St. Augustine FL., remembered about as much as I did. A feeling of "you are not alone" or being followed. My sister recalled seeing lights turn off and energy lights (orbs) in the room before someone flipped the light switch. My mom did recall the water in the kitchen and others telling how they would be in the basement and things would happen or be seen. A strong sense of being followed was also an erie feeling.

My mother distinctly remembered the basement doors being locked or locking all the time when you were the only one there. There were two ways into the basement. One through the main church and the other was a side door on the east side of the church. My mother recalled her last instance with the church. She advised she was working in the basement, bringing in food for the sunday brunch after church. She advised every time she went back to the car to get more stuff the basement door would be locked when she returned. She advised this happen several times. The last time being when she dropped off the last load at the front table in the basement, turned back around, and the door was locked from the inside again. My sister and I attended St Thomas school from approx 1973 till 1982. I have never heard of any "stories" of whom or why this haunting is happening. But it definately exists.

I thought this would be an interesting story for you. Most of Thomaston's buildings were built on cemetary's were the bodies have been moved to the old part of Hill Cemetary. Perhaps this explains some of the activity in the town.

By: puck5801@bellsouth.net
Back to top Go down
http://www.hauntings.silversgateway.com

St Thomas Church in Thomaston, Ct.
Page 1 of 1