Gateway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gateway

Your Paranormal Site

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Eerie Part of the Park

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Alice

Alice

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-02-10

Eerie Part of the Park Empty
PostSubject: Eerie Part of the Park   Eerie Part of the Park Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 4:51 pm

This is Gabriel’s story and he gave me his permission to share it with you:

I’d like to tell you about a location in Zagreb (capital of Croatia) that seems to be a sort of a paranormal hot-spot. This location is in the city’s biggest park called Maksimir. I’m a police officer and first unusual thing I noticed was the number of suicidal people that choose this particular part of the park to end their lives. Few years ago we were called to the scene of a particularly gruesome suicide: a man, disappointed in his love life, decided to pour gas on his clothes and set himself afire. Witnesses tried to put him out but it was too late. He was already dead when we came, later I heard from forensics it was heart attack that killed him, not the burns. So we went on with our work when his half-burnt cell phone rang. My coworker answered it but heard only mumbling. Nothing special, considering the state of the phone, but we had to find out who called since the number was not displayed. We never did, because nobody of his family or friends admitted the call so it was written off as a coincidental wrong number call. Some timing, ha?

I wouldn’t think anything strange goes on so far. Gruesome yes, but still explainable. Few days later I started to change my mind. During our usual night round, as me and my coworker went by the very place of this suicide, suddenly we heard footsteps and rustling – like someone is walking parallel with us, only 3-4 meters to one side in the woods. We stopped, the sound stopped. We went on, it went on. Thinking someone’s joking with us I went into the woods to see who’s the funny guy, but I found no one. Some of our other colleagues experienced intense sense of presence or feeling of being watched, never to found anyone. It was so overwhelming for some they even requested a transfer to another part of the city. I’ve noticed such occurrences are often around 3am.

Then there was this girl who broke a leg while jogging on this very spot and she, still shaken, told me “It was just like someone pushed me!” She claims there was nobody close enough to actually push her, still she felt like this was the reason for her fall. The spot where she fell has no branches, bumps or any other visible obstacles.

Few days later I drove around and stopped for a while near a park’s lake, close to this spot I was talking about. I can sense presence of souls quite often but what happened was not usual. Suddenly I saw myself, my back to be precise and I knew it was some kind of an energy that goes right on me and through whose “eyes” I can see myself. I drove off fast as I could.

Then a coworker told me a big branch fell off the tree while he was walking, you guess, over this very spot. Nothing new, the park is practically a forest, but the tree was not dead or rotten and there was no wind, certainly not wind strong enough to break a branch of that size.

And many more almost bizarre cases of various incidents and injuries, including numerous suicides by hanging and drowning and even detonating a hand grenade, all situated on or near this spot.

Finally, not long time ago, I went there on my own and felt presence of spirits, I was practically surrounded by them. I told them I won’t disturb them anymore, I’m only passing through and they let me go.

Now I’m planning a little investigation there, maybe I could even give those souls some directions. The tricky part is this negative, strong energy that I blame for all those incidents. I’ll let you know how it went.

This was Gabriel’s story and another man, who does not personally know him, confirmed that he had some strange experiences there as well. His hobby is photography and one day he chose location above to take few photos. But photos kept turning out to be blurred, like the camera was in motion, only camera was firmly situated on the tripod. So he was erasing them and trying again, until battery went dead. It was not supposed to die so soon but it can happen, so he reached for his extra batteries only to find them drained too. Since he remembers clearly charging each set and camera worked just fine before and after this session, this was pretty strange.
Back to top Go down
troyarn

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Eerie Part of the Park   Eerie Part of the Park Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 5:50 pm

I have been to Maksimir park as well as the park with the lake ( I think ) and found them both to be quite beautiful. Still, I could see how strange things could happen there. Although I saw nothing at all in either place, I did feel a negative feeling while strolling through Maksimir Park. It was nothing huge, but it was there. Now that I have read this report I want to go back and dig a little deeper ( or maybe I should just read about it ).
Back to top Go down
Alice

Alice

PostSubject: Re: Eerie Part of the Park   Eerie Part of the Park Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 7:26 pm

Gabriel claims it's very negative energy there, the photographer is neutral but some third fellow says he feels great there. I guess it depends of person. I've been there myself (quite long time ago) and had mixed feelings: nice park, but some uneasiness inside of me. Zagreb has a lot of underground water and allegedly parts of town with above-average incidence of cancer. Personally, certain parts of town freak me out even more than Maksimir. (On paranormal basis, the town is quite secure itself.)
Back to top Go down
troyarn

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Eerie Part of the Park   Eerie Part of the Park Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 6:06 am

There is an area near the big cathedral that I was walking down with friends ( cannot remember the name of the area ) that accended up to a hill. One of the people from Zagreb turned us away from that area and said that a ghost haunted a small area that went under a bridge type thing. I never felt anything ( I am not that type ), but it was eerie at night with gas lights being the only thing to see by. Perhaps they were pulling my leg, but who knows?
Back to top Go down
Alice

Alice

PostSubject: Re: Eerie Part of the Park   Eerie Part of the Park Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 7:37 am

It could be "Kamenita vrata" (the stone door). This is a place where people light candles for souls but also if they want certain prayer to be answered. Personally, I haven't heard of a haunting there yet, but it is not surprising to have strage fenomena on a place where numerous people deeply concentrate last few centuries. I believe it creates vast amount of energy. I'll ask people from Zagreb if they know more about this location.

If you're in Rijeka, do visit Trsat. There is a church and a monastery, but it is opened to visitors. This place has remarkable energy regardless of personal faith. (The sanctuary was founded by Templars and legend says Virgin Mary's house landed there one morning. I know this sounds silly but there's more behind this legend.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eerie Part of the Park   Eerie Part of the Park Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eerie Part of the Park
Page 1 of 1