Gateway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gateway

Your Paranormal Site

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spirits in Greenwich

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 724
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Spirits in Greenwich Empty
PostSubject: Spirits in Greenwich   Spirits in Greenwich Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 2:51 am

After a change of jobs in the early 1970’s I moved away from Greenwich, Connecticut, and ended up living about 50 miles away from my girlfriend. We would see each other on the weekends and I would end up driving back home late at night.

One particular evening I was too tired to drive home, so I asked if I could stay the night. She lived with her brother, who was very protective, but he graciously let me sleep in one of the former bedrooms, which had been converted into a ‘sitting room,’ even though some of the other family members shared bedrooms.

I stretched out on the sofa and, as is my practice, entered a state of meditation prior to going to sleep. As I entered the meditative state, I began to hear voices. It seemed as if two men were talking. One voice said, “What are we going to do with this guy?” The other answered, “Oh, I don’t know. Why don’t we make him jump out of a window?”
I opened my eyes and sat up to see who was there, and saw and heard no one. Perplexed, I lay back down to return to meditation. As soon I started drifting off I became aware of the two voices again. This time they had positioned themselves behind my head, and were laughing what can be described as an ‘evil laugh’ into each of my ears. I rapidly surmised that I was being annoyed by spirits or ghosts, and started to use protective measures I had learned.

I ‘thought’ to the spirits that I was unafraid of them, for I knew that they could not harm me without my consent or participation. Then I asked them to go away; they didn’t, so I visualized my body as surrounded by a brilliant white light (some people call this “the light of Christ”). Then I caused the white light to expand out from my body a few inches at a time until I had filled the whole room with this light. The laughing sounds slowly faded away and when the room was full of light, they stopped completely. I then went to sleep.

In the morning I told my girlfriend the story and she was shocked as she said, “Oh no, I forgot! That’s why we turned that bedroom into the living room; no one could sleep in there without having nightmares! We heard that a former tenant had committed suicide by jumping out of the window!”
Back to top Go down
http://www.hauntings.silversgateway.com

Spirits in Greenwich
Page 1 of 1