Gateway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gateway

Your Paranormal Site

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Haunted Summer, Pt. 1.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 724
Registration date : 2008-01-26

The Haunted Summer, Pt. 1. Empty
PostSubject: The Haunted Summer, Pt. 1.   The Haunted Summer, Pt. 1. Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 7:31 pm

During the summer of 1976, my Mom, older brother and I decide to accompany my Aunt and her family to West Virginia/North Carolina to work in the tobacco fields. I was about 11yrs old at the time. After a 2-day trip from Texas to West Virginia, we were assigned a house to stay in while were settled in to work. There were several of us (10 in all), and we were tired from the trip, so everyone basically just picked a spot in the place and readied ourselves for bed for that first night.

It was NOT a restful night! At about 3 AM, we were awakened by the sounds of a woman crying and wailing in the room WITH us! Looking around the room, we could see that everyone was accounted for and NOONE was crying! The sounds increased in intensity and lasted for about 45 mins. When I say "Wailing", I mean JUST that: a horrible, low sad sound. VERY similar to some of the sound effects heard in the old "Scooby-Doo" cartoons (I
realize that sounds somewhat funny,...but I SWEAR its TRUE!)....Thankfully, we werent to stay in that house for very long; another house (with more room for 10 people) was assigned to us.

THAT was not an improvement! The next house was a two-story one, located somewhere between Hendersonville, NC and a small town known as Soul City. It was situated about 200 yards off a road, with a long driveway and a set of railroad tracks that ran along the other side of the road. There was a large white house off to the north of "our" house, about another 300 yards away. The house had a large open field in front, and was surrounded by
woods on the other three sides, and a shed and an old open waterwell in back. Spooky enough setting during the day.

At night, things would happen such as : lights turning on by themselves, footsteps heard upstairs when everyone was in plain sight downstairs, the sounds of something heavy being all dragged through the house late at night after
everyone had gone to bed, knocking on the walls and my brother swears he'd seen what appeared to be a black-hooded figure at the foot of his bed. I swear to anyone reading this, these events REALLY happened! I'm 36 now, an Army Veteran, college educated and I have an interest in ghosts and the Supernatural. If anyone has any clues about this house (the one near Soul City, NC), its owners, or perhaps even its history, please email me at RGarza3rd@juno.com I'll be glad to give detailed accounts of what happened in either house. Thanx for listening and have fun reading on.....

By: RGarza3rd@juno.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.hauntings.silversgateway.com
troyarn

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-01-26

The Haunted Summer, Pt. 1. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Haunted Summer, Pt. 1.   The Haunted Summer, Pt. 1. Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 6:51 pm

Good story. The whole thing freaked me out, especially the crying lady.
Back to top Go down

The Haunted Summer, Pt. 1.
Page 1 of 1