Gateway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gateway

Your Paranormal Site

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Paranormal Television: Cutting Room Floor Philosophy

Go down 
AuthorMessage
PaulDaleRoberts

Number of posts : 1743
Registration date : 2009-05-17

Paranormal Television: Cutting Room Floor Philosophy Empty
PostSubject: Paranormal Television: Cutting Room Floor Philosophy   Paranormal Television: Cutting Room Floor Philosophy Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 8:21 pm

Right now there are a zillion and one paranormal television shows and shows that are closely related to the paranormal. Let's name them off and I will check the ones that have actually contacted HPI to either gather information or were interested in producing a show in regard to the exploits of HPI. Now let's go with that list:

Syfy Channel's Ghosthunters
Syfy Channel's Ghosthunters Academy - Contacted HPI. (Contacted us twice)
Syfy Channel's Ghosthunter's International
Syfy Channel's Destination Truth
A&E Psychic Kids - Contacted HPI
A&E Paranormal Cops
A&E Paranormal State
Animal Planet - The Haunted - Contacted HPI (Many times over)
History Channel's Mystery Quest
History Channel's Monster Quest - Contacted HPI (Contacted us 3 times)
Cartoon Network - The Othersiders - Contacted HPI - and the producer Zig actually met with Shannon and I - at the Coffee Garden face-to-face. (Many contacts were made)
Tru TV - Conspiracy Theory - Note June Sarpong, we had the pleasure of working with on the documentary: Michael Jackson in Search of His Spirit - Sky1 TV/Two Four Productions
Tru TV - Haunting Evidence - Contacted HPI
Discovery Channel - A Haunting
Discovery Channel - Ghost Lab
History Channel UFO Hunters - Contacted HPI
Lionsgate - Contacted HPI - to promote their movies: Saw 5 and Saw 6.

HPI has the most members on the West Coast. We have 550 members and counting. We have the most investigations and scouting missions. We have committed ourselves to investigations overseas from Aruba (Natalee Holloway's ghost) to the Skinwalker Ranch in Utah.

Our exploits are in books, magazines and all over the Web. We are very accessible and easy to find. Because of this, we have numerous TV production agencies contacting us all the time. Some of the producers have accommodate us with appearances on various documentaries. We wish to thank: Two Four Productions for having us on Conversations with a Serial Killer in regard to Richard Trenton Chase aka the Vampire of Sacramento and Michael Jackson: In Search of His Spirit. We wish to thank: Showtime's Penn & Teller Bullxxxx for having us work on the Mayan Prophesy of 2012 episode. I wish to personally thank Ives Street Entertainment for having me on Mysteries of Angels and Demons as the resident demonologist. Because of this publicity that we are able to generate, it helps us acquire many more investigations. We are gratefully thankful.

What we are not thankful is the TV producers that try to steal our information, try to use us and will not credit us for the information we have provided them. We work hard on investigations and to simply give it to a TV show and allow them to have full credit for our work is absolutely wrong.

Below is an example of how a TV production company tried to use us:

History Channel's Monsterquest - Mothman Episode:
Anna Mikelson, Producer discovered my paranormal articles on Batsquatch seen at Mount Shasta and Mothman seen at the Tower Bridge in Sacramento. She contacts HPI and wants to interview our witnesses: Mark Greer (sighted Mothman at the Tower Bridge) and Telly Blackwood aka Face (sighted Batsquatch at Mount Shasta). Shannon 'Ms. Macabre' McCabe and I - do everything in our power to secure the witnesses for Anna. We find location areas for Anna's film crew. One of the locations is the Ryde Hotel. Anna guarantees Shannon and I, that we would be on the show and we will discuss how we obtained the witnesses and talk about some of the history of the Mothman. Shannon and I, filmed our segment at the Ryde Hotel. Mark Greer re-enacted his sighting at the Tower Bridge and Telly Blackwood with 2 of his friends re-enacted their sighting along the Sacramento River (pretending it was Mount Shasta). Telly Blackwood is shown for 3 seconds describing a creature. The creature he is describing is the Batsquatch (not Mothman). But, viewers watching the show, will think Telly is talking about the Mothman. This is a discrepancy. As I watched the show, Shannon and I, are completely cut out of the show. Sure, our names are on the credits, but that is not enough. We worked hard in getting the witnesses on board, securing locations, etc. I do believe we made some critical errors on our part. Most investigators shown on Monsterquest wear cammies, Shannon was in a Summer dress and I was in shorts. I don't think we looked the part of being outdoor investigators. We have a lot of investigative arsenal, but on the day of the shoot, we only had binoculars and walkie talkies. We needed more equipment, like night vision goggles, FLIR, sound magnifiers, etc. The location we selected to film our investigation was at the popular Ryde Hotel, we needed to be in an isolated area for the shoot, Mothman does not hang out at classy hotels, but likes high ridges or bridges. Tower Bridge was actually the perfect location. We should have investigated the Tower Bridge area late at night. It was very disappointing to do all that work for the History Channel, only to be cut from the scenes. Anna wanted her show and she got her show and cared nothing about 'using' us. I did the investigations and wrote the articles. Shannon secured the areas, I obtained the witnesses. With all that, we were both cut. I will warn other paranormal groups, DO NOT let TV producers snowball you. Do not let them USE you. If you are doing all of this hard work, then make sure you get the credit that is due. HPI gets its investigations by advertisement and publicity, by cutting us out, we lost the necessary publicity that would have excelled us to new heights for investigations. Anna, I was very disappointed by your deceit. The next time you want to use one of my cases for a TV show, you must sign a contract provided by HPI. You used us this one time, shame on you. If I allow you to use us again, then shame on me. That is the last time you will use HPI for your own gain.
Paul Dale Roberts, HPI Fortean Investigator
PS: I had the gumption that something was wrong with the rapport between Shannon and I and the producer, when she bought pizza for our witnesses and didn't buy any pizzas for Shannon and I. Then later after the shoot, Shannon changed clothes and Anna eye-balled Shannon up and down with a catty look on her face. Shannon likes to 'dress up' and Anna with her casual wear was not used to the flamboyance that Shannon was able to display with her attire. This was an obvious sign that our segments were headed for the cutting room floor. You live and you learn.

Below are HPI Updates and News!

HPI Researcher Laurie Rutledge Researches Yuba City:
http://forums.jazmaonline.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1542

THE CONSPIRACY JOURNAL NEWSLETTER, SIGN UP!
www.ConspiracyJournal.com

MORE ON 2012
NASA Report says solar flares will peak in 2012. Now an Atlas V rocket carrying a sun-observing satellite will be sent up. This satellite will be observing for solar flares, solar storms and coronal mass ejections. Is it possible we will have problems on Dec 21, 2012 and now we are preparing for those problems?
http:...//content.usatoday.com/communities/sciencefair/post/2010/02/atlas-v-rocket-launch-scrubbed-another-attempt-thursday-/1See More

Arcelia: Peering into the Multiverse
I met Arcelia of Salon de Arcelia, 2421 J Street, Sacramento, CA
916 444 0642. She has the ability of sensing energy portals and peering into other dimensions. She is a unique lady and if you want to meet her, go to her shop in Sacramento and she does: hair, facelift facials, chair massage, warm stone massage and reflexology. You can contact her by email: slndarcelia1@aol.com

We were recently contacted by: NBC Jerry Seinfeld - The Marriage Ref. My negative comments on other TV producers does not reflect upon NBC. NBC is very professional and forthright.

Paul Dale Roberts, HPI General Manager
Hot Videos: HPI at Witchapalooza/Macabre Hearse Tour, go to this link:
www.hpiparanormal.net
Email: Pauld5606@comcast.net
Paranormal Cellular Hotline: 916 203 7503 (for comments on this
story).

If you have a possible investigation call: 1-888-709-4HPI
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1