Gateway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gateway

Your Paranormal Site

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Staci Butler, Editor of HPI Chronicles Vol II Ghost Stories & UFOs

Go down 
AuthorMessage
PaulDaleRoberts

Number of posts : 1743
Registration date : 2009-05-17

Staci Butler, Editor of HPI Chronicles Vol II Ghost Stories & UFOs Empty
PostSubject: Staci Butler, Editor of HPI Chronicles Vol II Ghost Stories & UFOs   Staci Butler, Editor of HPI Chronicles Vol II Ghost Stories & UFOs Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 7:55 pm

Interview with: Publisher: Staci Butler

Book edited: HPI Chronicles: Volume II: Ghost Stories and UFO's

Author of book: Paul Dale Roberts AKA (Demon Warrior)

Staci Butler is interviewed by: Allen Klingelhoets

CEO of www.jazmaonline.com

Allen: Hello, Staci Butler. I want to start with some basic information about yourself. Please tell me little bit about yourself.

Staci Butler:

HPI Parapsychologist, Senior Lead Investigator, Editor, Publisher, Artwork/Photographs, Writer, Twitter Account Manager Born April 2, 1974 in Hemet, CA; raised in a small town near Joplin, MO. I am currently living near Cool, CA with my three beautiful children (son and two daughters), and my wonderful husband. I am a full time student, working on my PsyD in Clinical Psychology, a member of Sierra Wildlife Rescue, and a Child Care Worker for a nonprofit juvenile boys home. My dream is to one day open a wildlife refuge for endangered animals with a botanical garden and hands on educational center. I have been working in the realm of paranormal since the time I was six years old, but have only been officially investigating for ten years. In addition, I have become the resident horror movie critic and will be blogging soon. I helped to organize and start a paranormal group near my hometown; which is still investigating today. I started working with HPI Paranormal in October of 2008, and will be taking on the endeavor of finding vampires willing to be interviewed by me, anonymously or not, so that they may tell their story. I am usually associated with EVP’s, photography, and debunking, however I do come in handy as the parapsychologist, and have recently been editor and cover artist for the HPI books. I love working with HPI Paranormal because of their professionalism and fun loving attitudes, but in the end Paul and Shannon have become my family and I am lucky to have them in my life.

Allen: Did you ever like to read comic books in your youth?

Staci Butler:

No not really, I was one who liked to go out and explore the world, so most of my time was spent outside. However I have always had a fondness for the female characters of comic books; two of my favorites being Poison Ivy and Cat Woman.

Allen: Do you come from family that works in publishing industry?

Staci Butler:

No, my mother was a house mom and my father a butcher. I just recently started in the industry, and enjoy seeing the hard work in print.

Allen: How did you get you start in publishing industry?

Staci Butler:

That would be mostly Paul Dale Roberts and Shannon McCabe. I started as the cover artist on the first book and did a bit of editing and compiling the book. Paul asked if I would mind doing all the editing and publishing of the Volume II and I happily agreed to help.

Allen: Are you a private publisher or tied to bigger company?

Staci Butler:

We are use LuLu.com as a company to help us with our publishing, however as I have found there is no category for paranormal writing; it is either horror or science fiction. This is why I would one day like to establish a company that is exclusively for paranormal writings.

Allen: What sort of books do you publish?

Staci Butler:

Well at this moment I am just publishing the paranormal writings of HPI International. Once I receive my PsyD in Psychology I would like to write and publish my own works geared towards helping teenagers.

Allen: How many books do you publish in year? How many years have you been publishing stories?

Staci Butler:

With my extremely busy schedule I have kept the publishing to one a year, which brings my publishing years up to two total Smile

Allen: I am really curious about how you first got to know Paul Dale Roberts. He is President of our website here at Jazma. Tell me about how you first got to know Paul and also time this occurred.

Staci Butler:

My family and I had just moved to the area and decided to attended Witchapalooza in Sacramento; 2008. While walking around I noticed a hearse, one vehicle I would love to have; by the hearse was a booth that had the new Saw movie poster hanging in the front of it, some of my favorite movies; with two cheerful looking people standing at the booth. Of course I was going to go talk to them! I met Paul Dale Roberts first and found out he was one of the heads of a paranormal group; I had been looking to join one for a few months. When Shannon McCabe slowed down a bit, I spoke with her more about the group and my interest to join. We all exchanged information, and the rest is history. I feel it was fate, they are my family and I love them dearly.

Allen: What is it about Paul Dale Roberts which made you think he could write books?

Staci Butler:

Paul has a passion that is rarely seen in writing these days and it shows in his writing. His dream was to take everything that he has written and put it into books; to help make his dreams come true became my passion.

Allen: What sort of stories are in Paul Dale Roberts new book " HPI Chronicles: Volume II: Ghost stories and UFO's?" Are they real or fiction? How many stories are in book?

Staci Butler:

The stories in the book are about investigations HPI has done, phone calls that have been received, and general opinions of Paul Dale Roberts about information that was posted to the public.

The stories published are real, as his most of his writings pertain investigations HPI has done over the years. All findings and conclusions of the investigations are included in the stories, but in the end it is for the reader to decide if they can believe it to be real or not.

I started HPI with Volumes because there are way too many articles to put in just one book. The first book we published “HPI Chronicles: Ghosts, UFOs, Monsters, and High Strangeness” was a collaboration of a few stories from each category listed. Unfortunately it was too large and a bit more expensive then we wanted it to be. Therefore I chose to break the stories up into volumes starting with the stories we had the most of; ghost stories. This brought the price down tremendously, thank goodness, as well as giving us the opportunity to publish more books. Volume II has about 34 stories and I am hoping to get each future volume published on Halloween each year.

Allen: Will there be pictures included with book text?

Staci Butler:

When it comes to ghost stories it is a bit difficult to add pictures to each one, at least good enough quality to make a difference. However with monster stories there will be pictures included so that readers can have a better idea of what we are referring too. I will gradually add more as the volumes go on.

Allen: Tell me a little about HPI Investigation. Where are they located? What sort of things are involved with HPI investigation? What do letters HPI stand for?

Staci Butler:

HPI is located mainly in Sacramento, CA.

HPI investigates everything paranormal so the things involved really depend on the case we take. The books have details of what we use and how we do each investigations, which I find helpful if one was to want to investigate on their own.

HPI stands for Haunted Paranormal Investigation; are true name is Haunted Paranormal Investigations International meaning that we travel all around the world, if possible, to investigate the paranormal.

Allen: Have you ever been on HPI investigation with Paul Dale Roberts and his partner Shannon McCabe of HPI Investigation?

Staci Butler:

Yes I have been on several, as a matter of fact. Some of which have been hosted at my home and some of the local hot spots for hauntings.

Allen: How long has Paul Dale Roberts new book been in production? What is copy print run count?

Staci Butler:

Volume II has only been in production for a few weeks now; I always like to wait a month or so before worrying too much about the print run count Wink

Allen: How many books are planned for HPI Chronicles series?

Staci Butler:

Well that is a good question; for as long as Paul investigates and writes there will be books to read.

Allen: When are other volumes set for publication?

Staci Butler:

I am hoping to start a trend of publishing one every Halloween.

Allen: Who did cover art for Volume I and II ?

Staci Butler:

I did the cover art for Volume I and Peter Fotis Kapnistos did the art for Volume II I just added the lettering.

Allen: What is the best way to get copy of "HPI Chronicles: Volume II: Ghost Stories and UFO's"?

Staci Butler:

http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/hpi-chronicles-volume-ii-ghost-stories-and-ufos/18705052

Allen: What are some of your hobbies?

Staci Butler:

Helping others; animals and people.

Allen: What kinds of novels do you personally like to read?

Staci Butler:

I like the horror/suspends novels.

Allen: Do you read any comic book stories at present time?

Staci Butler:

No, I have little time to read anything more than school books right now.

Allen: If you had chance to have 6 dinner guests from any time period who would they be and why?

Staci Butler:

Oh boy, this one is a hard one considering I don’t want people to think I am psychotic. So let me explain the why first, psychology is my career, helping psychotics is my research plans i.e. coming up with viable treatment for those diagnosised with a form of psychopathy. So I would choose Countess Elizabeth Bathory, Vlad III (Dracula) Prince of Wallachia, and Charles Manson. And just because I would love to talk to them Lady Gaga, Marilyn Manson, and Ozzy Osbourne. Should be an interesting dinner LOL.

Allen: What are some other books do you have ready or will soon be published?

Staci Butler:

Again with my busy schedule I am keeping it at publishing HPI Chronicles, although there are a few more prospects that would like me to edit and publish their books as well, I have not decided if I will have the time for that right now.

Allen: What is the best way to contact you?

Staci Butler:

My email is checked every day
stacikb@gmail.com

Allen: Thank you Staci Butler for very informative interview. Would you like to leave Jazma readers with any closing words about Paul Dale Roberts new novel?

Staci Butler:

Well thank you very much I enjoyed doing the interview with you. Please start your HPI Chronicles collection today, and let me know what you think, I love feedback.

Blessing to you all and thank you for your support and interest.

ISBN 978-1-105-15720-2
Copyright Paul Dale Roberts (Standard Copyright License)
Publisher Staci Butler
Published November 28, 2011
Language English
Pages 182

Binding Perfect-bound Paperback
Interior Ink Black & white
Dimensions (inches) 6.0 wide × 9.0 tall
ISBN 978-1-105-15720-2
Publisher Staci Butler
Language English
Pages 182

ISBN 978-1-105-15720-2
Publisher Staci Butler
Language English
Pages 182

Back to top Go down

Staci Butler, Editor of HPI Chronicles Vol II Ghost Stories & UFOs
Page 1 of 1