Gateway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gateway

Your Paranormal Site

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Ghost Story

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 724
Registration date : 2008-01-26

My Ghost Story Empty
PostSubject: My Ghost Story   My Ghost Story Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 4:40 pm

The entire paternal side of my family has a history of psychics and hauntings. In my house, where I lived with my grandparents, I was the focus. Other people in the household had creepy experiences as well, but it seemed as though most everything occured in my bedroom upstairs. It started when I was about thirteen or fourteen, as just an almost tangible feeling of creepiness. Before long, when I would lie down to sleep, I noticed a glowing greenish spot in one corner of the room, where there was a doorway to an unused back room. At first I just thought it was some
glow-in-the-dark paint, like I had used to put designs on my walls. Until it started moving. It started by just getting bigger and smaller, kind of pulsing, but after a week or so of this, it actually began moving around on the wall. Then other spots appeared.

Thinking that it might be light coming in from the window, I blocked the window off, then brought my sister and cousin (who also lived with us) into the room to see if I was the only one seeing it. I turned off the lights, and just asked them to look around and tell me if they saw anything. Needless to say, they did. I hadn't told them where I had been seeing the spots, but they pointed out the exact same spot. Over the weeks, I had other people come look at it too, to make sure it wasn't a fluke. It wasn't. I had about fifteen people total point out where they saw the
spots, so I know it wasn't my imagination. It didn't stop with the spots, though. Soon they started moving around the entire wall, splitting off and almost dancing around the posters I had up. Then suddenly, after a couple
of months, they disappeared. That's when the REALLY crazy stuff started happening.

As I mentioned before, my family has a history of psychics. Though I don't claim anything spectacular, I am a bit clairsentient, like most of us. Well, my cousin Angie (a different cousin than the one aforementioned) and I are like amplifiers for each other; we sense things more strongly when in each other's presence. She used to spend the night quite frequently, which is when what had been a tolerable presence in my room became unbearable. Dark shadows would be visible in my room at night, shadows that moved and split off. Initially it would start as a man-shaped shadow coming out of the corner where the lights had appeared. As it would approach the bed where Angie and I were, the air became almost suffocating.

It would get to the footboard, then split off into two indistinct shapes, slide up the wall where the lights had appeared, and onto the ceiling, where it would join together again above my bed, where the pressure on our chests would become almost unbearable. At this point, Angie and I created a psychic bubble of sorts (some of you may know what I'm talking about), and believe it or not, it was actually visible at one point. You could actually see the shell around us, almost as a red static. The spirit would disappear, only to reappear a few minutes later out of the same corner to start all over again if we hadn't already turned the lights on and left the room. There are other witnesses to this phenomenon as well; I had some creepy-ass slumber parties! Sometimes curious friendly acquaintances would actually come over to the "batcave" (as my room had been dubbed) to see if anything would happen. Rarely were they disappointed, though I won't say that that never happened.

Most everything happened with the lights off, but occasionally things would occur with the lights on (though always at night), such as poltergiest activity, though this was rare. I remember one time when I was sixteen or so, I was standing next to my dresser, when a pencil at the end of the desk next to it flew off and hit me on the shoulder. A few seconds later, a small jewelry box (one of those little treasure chests) flew off of the radio it had been sitting on and hit me in the head. I ran screaming into my sister's room, which was right next to mine, where she told me I was just imagining it. I told her to walk in there and tell me she didn't feel anything, and a few seconds later she ran out screaming as well, saying she had just walked through something that wasn't there. She herself experienced a man-shadow in her room around that time, but that's a story for another time.

As I mentioned earlier, my room wasn't the only place to be afflicted. My sister's room, my cousin's room, the bathroom, the laundry room, the back room next to mine, and the front and side yards all had creepy things
taking place there; as well as my aunt's house and two of my cousin's homes. That's not even including the stuff that happened in the homes that we had moved from. The apartment that I moved into with my fiance a while back had occurances, as well as the house we just moved into recently. But the thing that I noticed? Once I became a bible-believing Christian, and told the spirits to leave in the name of Christ, they did. Flat out, no more little scare tactics. They just left. Amen.

By: chrisa079@yahoo.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.hauntings.silversgateway.com

My Ghost Story
Page 1 of 1