Gateway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gateway

Your Paranormal Site

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Phantom Knocks

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 724
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Phantom Knocks Empty
PostSubject: Phantom Knocks   Phantom Knocks Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 4:42 pm

In 1989 I lived as a single mom in a two story townhome. This was in Berea, KY. My bedroom was upstairs and had one window overlooking my front door and the parking lot. David, my next door neighbor shared his porch with me. One small cement porch with one step up, leading to his door and to mine. He was number 7 and I was number 8. One time, early morning between 2 and 3 o'clock, I had just startled myslef awake after a disturbing dream. In fact, I'd just finished writing it all down in a dream journal and had turned off my bedside lamp. I lay there in darkness with only my bedroom window as a night light. A bit of street light shone through the slightly elevated shade and if a car happened by I'd see a quick flash of headlights roam across my bedroom walls. Roads were mostly empty and it was all stillness outside.

My window was partly open and I remember the sound of wind and an occasional insect amidst all that quiet. It was summer, or maybe end of summer, and the fresh air smelled like honeysuckly. As I lay there trying to fall back asleep I suddenly heard the low growl of a car engine in the parking lot below.. It idled for a few minutes and then turned off. Silence. Next the click of a door handle, then the sound of a door creaking open and slamming shut. I heard shoes hitting the pavement. They had loud distinct heels on them, pacing the each step like I imagined a sharply dressed woman would do. Klip, klop klip klop, coming closer to David and my porch. They made a distinct noise which echoed in th enight air, they walked to just below my window. I wondered if the person would knock on David's door, or mine.

There was a pregnant pause as I listened for the knock. I guessed the knock would be on David's door, as he was a big late night partier and frequent l e night friends. The knock came, but on my door. I heard it loud and belowing, through my open window from right below it, and simultaineously it echoed through my apartment. Five knocks on my front door. Sharp and determined. I immediately leaped out of bed and was at the window a few seconds later. I yelled down to the visiter, "Hold on, I'll be right there".

I had several friends or family it could be, despite this odd hour, I wasn't concerned. I turned from the window and bounded down my stairs, in the dark, and sprung open my front door.I opened it part way and then all the way. Only darkness, just an empty porch. There was no car in the parking lot as far as my eyes could see! Wind howled through the trees, it just shrieked past my door and blew branches across the pavement. I shuddered, not from cold, but from the lightening bolt of creepy chills that were traveling like ice down my down my spinal cord. I shut the door again, then locked it. Then stood there for a minute or two and checked the lock again. Slowly I moved again, back up the stairs again, taking each step up backwards, keeping watch on my front door.

By: fawnibecca@comcast.net
Back to top Go down
http://www.hauntings.silversgateway.com

Phantom Knocks
Page 1 of 1