Gateway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gateway

Your Paranormal Site

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Night of Peace?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jbryan

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Night of Peace? Empty
PostSubject: Night of Peace?   Night of Peace? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 9:47 am

This experience occured back in November of 2007. I had been sleeping badly for months, lots of pressures at work, literally dozing off on the couch at night without even realizing it. I had been dealing with a terrible personal loss - one I'm still not really over, but it bacame ... tolerable, I guess, through this event. If anyone else has had an experience like this, I'd love to - no, I need - to hear it. Please.

It seemed a typical night, again having sleep elude me after being awakened by a dream. I looked at the clock and it was just after midnight, so I sighed and settled back to at least pretend to relax and, hopefully, drift off anyway. It hardly ever worked, but it’s habit now.

Only a few minutes had passed when I noticed a movement out in the main portion of the house. There was a half moon outside providing some slight amount of light, and there is always some light out there from the glowing bits on the electronics scattered in the family room and library. The movement proved to be a shadow moving into the doorway of the bedroom. It was a decidedly feminine silhouette moving very slowly and gracefully.

Not in the habit of having strangers walking around my house, my first instinct was to confront them. As I lay there thinking about it, the gracefully walking, very feminine shadow shape gracefully moved through the door. She moved toward the side of the bed nearest me and I realized in a distant way that any desire I’d had to confront her was merely the vaguest echo of thought somewhere back in the depths of my mind.

By the time she got about halfway to the bed, the moonlight from outside provided enough diffuse light through the blinds to make out her body (which was exquisite) and some of the features of her face (also exquisite). As she moved towards me it seemed that her face was very gradually changing. The light was so feeble, and the change such a subtle thing, so slow, that at times I had almost convinced myself it was my imagination. But then I would see a line of her cheek slowly soften and become the feature of someone else’s face. She was always beautiful, but was slowly appearing as different women. Her beauty changed slowly from elfin high cheekbones to strong defined jaw and balanced lips, to soft round cheeks and large eyes. Never at any time was there a moment when the shifting stopped long enough to take in the full features of one face. It was unnerving, except that in her presence such feelings seemed to disappear as soon as they occurred.

Her eyes captivated me with their piercing intelligence. Their color was, of course, gradually changing, but always had that look that made me feel as though she could look right through me as if I were glass. She made me feel humble and honored just to be in her presence.

When I finally managed to pull my eyes away from hers, I noticed that her hair was gradually changing styles and colors and types as well. I had to work to draw my attention back, before I was sucked into her eyes for eternity. I tried to make sense of what I could of her face. Her expression was one of sheer confidence and contentment, with just a touch of concern. But above all was the impression of power – this woman feared nothing, and not with false bravado or misplaced confidence, but because she knew there was no power on this Earth that represented danger to her.

She had reached the bed and gracefully sat her right buttock down on the edge. As the bed depressed with her weight, I watched her face slowly change, the effect was mesmerizing.

It took moments for me to notice, but her body was slowly morphing, too, but it seemed either more subtle or the women that made up the whole that was this every-woman had very similar figures. Only the hair in the junction of her legs seemed to shift among dramatically different forms, from nothing at all to a large triangle, to a slight strip, to a small arrowhead, and on, and on.

As my eyes returned to hers, she reached out an ethereally graceful and very beautiful hand to touch my forehead. Her fingers seemed almost hot at first, as they were far warmer than the skin of my forehead. But the warmth from her fingers seemed to spread quickly across my brow. She looked deeply into my eyes, so deeply I feared she would see the tattered and patched pieces of my soul. But she must have been looking for something else, for she merely tilted her head slightly and drew down her eyebrows as though mildly hurt or perhaps mildly concerned.

When she spoke her voice was like the sound the winds make through the reeds at the edges of a lake, yet I heard her every word. Though she clearly was speaking to herself at first, and not to me, her words filled me with calm assurances. I knew I could trust her, no matter what she did. The sounds of the words echoed in my mind – “Mo-ray-ahna-pay-ohn-ee-laht-see-ate-a-gay-ah-vet-ore”. She looked vaguely sad as she moved her hand from my forehead and caressed my cheek – stroking it almost as if she was petting a favored animal.

She leaned forward slowly at one point and kissed me on the mouth. The kiss was… indescribable - it was everything a kiss should be and more. Her breath was a hint of summer wind, touched by flowers and vaguely of licorice in a mouth that was sweet and fresh and, well… everything a kiss should be. I noticed tears running from my eyes to my ears and then down to the bed, but they weren’t tears of sadness, but of awe. Eventually – far too soon – she pulled away and returned to caressing the side of my face.

As her caresses appeared to soothe my mind as well as my skin, she said softly “Coo-ren-ah-pay-ohn-ah-mood-ay” and then kept repeating “She-oh-hahn” in time with each stroke of her hand. “She-oh-hahn”…

After several minutes of this she took her hand away from my cheek and briefly placed it on my chest, above my heart, before reaching up to touch my forehead one last time. When she did this, I suddenly felt as if I had no choice but to close my eyes and drift off into a deep sleep.

Who was she? Was it a dream? What the heck language was she speaking? I have no answers, just a lot of questions. But all I can be sure of is that every night since I have hoped she would come back - even if just for a moment.
Back to top Go down
http://jbryan.clearwire.net/home/

Night of Peace?
Page 1 of 1