Gateway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gateway

Your Paranormal Site

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ghost Stories

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 724
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Ghost Stories Empty
PostSubject: Ghost Stories   Ghost Stories Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 10:19 am

I have been a believer since I was very young. Though I have never actually seen a ghost, I have felt them several times. The first time I remember feeling what I believe was a ghost, I was about 19. My sister and her husband had just moved into a new house and my other sister and myself spent the night. Since they had not fully furnished the house, I had to sleep on a mattress on the floor in one of the two spare bedrooms. To fully rule out a prank let me say this, I had to push my bag against the bedroom door to keep the dogs from coming into my room because the bedroom door would not shut all the way.

So to begin my night of hauntings...Sometime in the wee hours of the morning, say around 3am. or thereabouts, I woke up because I felt something sit beside me on the bed. I actually felt something pressing on the mattress. At first I thought one of the dogs had come into the room, but then I remembered my bag against the door. Before I could open my eyes to see what it was, it was gone. I thought I had been dreaming so I went back to sleep. After a time had passed, I woke up with this feeling of someone hovering over me. My dad is bad to do that when he's trying to freak me out while I'm sleeping, but he was not there at all.

It was just this sensation of someone hovering over me staring at me. I was thinking it must be my sister, but what would she be doing up before daylight? To clarify, let me say that I did not open my eyes during this occurrence. My thinking was if it was my sister and she wanted me to do something, I wanted her to think I was still sound asleep and if it was something else, I didn't want to see it. After a few minutes, probably more like a few seconds (it felt like an eternity to me) it went away though I never heard anyone moving around or moving my bag or anything. I was to afraid at this point to risk getting up so I fell asleep praying for daylight. Sometime later I woke up with that same hovering feeling.

This time though I felt whatever it was pressing down on my chest so that I could hardly breath. This time I couldn't open my eyes even though I tried, I could not speak (believe me I tried to scream) and I could not move. I
started screaming in my head and tried to jerk myself away and it finally let go and left. I just sort of lay there dozing for the rest of the night afraid to go back to sleep and afraid to open my eyes in case it was somewhere in the room waiting to pounce again. When daylight finally came, I looked around my room to see if anything had been moved, and everything was as it should be, including my bag pressed against the door. I was ready to brush off the experience as a dream or something akin to it.

But when I went into the kitchen I began (jokingly) telling my sister about it, and she said that that was strange because around 3am. my brother-in-law woke up and said he felt like there was someone in the house that shouldn't be. He just had this sense that something is not as it should be so he got up to look around the house, but did not find anything unusual. The other two bedroom doors were shut. I think he must have sensed whatever it was that visited me. I know this is getting long but I must say that other strange things have happened in that room and the wall that connects to that room. Pictures flying off shelves for no reason, the dogs barking at that door, my
niece when she was very young, before she started talking and walking, used to stare at that room and laugh or talk gibberish. One night when I was there alone dog-sitting, I was playing on the computer and it shut itself off. The really scary part is, I think it may have followed me to MY new house, but I won't get into that now...

By: janabelle2002@yahoo.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.hauntings.silversgateway.com

Ghost Stories
Page 1 of 1