Gateway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gateway

Your Paranormal Site

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Basement and Apartment

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 724
Registration date : 2008-01-26

The Basement and Apartment Empty
PostSubject: The Basement and Apartment   The Basement and Apartment Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 3:29 am

I have had a few experiences with the paranormal in my life. Most are small, like a gut feeling or dreams. I come from a very “ sensitive” family. My cousin studied the chakras and can apply the psychic sources to each one of us. I am a solar plexus sensitive type-I feel it in my mid section. When I have bad feelings that something is going to happen, I feel nauseous and queasy. Not very pleasant, I have to say. When something good is coming, I get butterflies and an excited jitter. I didn’t know what these were until I was about 17, and started working with the talent. I am now 24 and have gotten to the point where I listen to my “gut” before my heart or head.

I started school at a local cosmetology school about 1 year ago. When you walk into the front door, which is located on a busy one way street. There are three doors. The furthest to the left is glass and goes upstairs to what we call the “theory room”. It’s a large class room that all the students meet in pretty much every morning for class. The middle door goes to the basement, and is opaque. The right door is perpendicular to the other two and leads into the main clinic. There are many stories about creepy late nights where stomping in the theory room and feet on the basement stairs are heard, but my own heart stopping experience really seared the stories into my brain.

I was downstairs in what we call the lower clinic with two of the girls I go to school with. Stacy was getting a leg wax, and I was bored. They called my name for an appointment so I headed toward the front stairs (the ones with the opaque door) and started up. I got to the second stair and felt my stomach tighten to a point it made me lose my breath. I felt something right behind me on the stairs, and I mean RIGHT behind me. I bolted up the rest of the stairs and burst through the door to the waiting area on the main clinic. One of the girls at the front desk asked me if I was ok, and why I was so pale. I have not gone into that basement since.

Second school related incident: About two months ago, in a building across the street, a young man took his own life. He lived in the apartments above the restaurant/bar that occupied the lower two levels of the building. The day he was found, I had gone to lunch with those same girls that day, and I was feeling really odd that day, especially in the restaurant. As we were leaving, the detectives were arriving on the scene and the sister of the man was there. She was in hysterics. At that point I knew that someone had died, but my gut wasn’t telling me much about it at that point. I went back to school and went about my merry way. I would go to the front windows and look to see what progress they had made just in time to see them wheel out the body. That is when my gut went bonkers. I felt the overwhelming urge to cry and total despair and loneliness hit me like a freight train.

It actually knocked me back a couple of steps. I had to focus all of my energy to pushing this out of me, but by the end of the school week I was almost back to normal. About two weeks ago, I finally got up the courage to look in the windows of the apartment that he had lived in. it was early morning, around 8:45 am, and I had just gotten to school. I looked over at the window only to see a male figure leaning against the window. I could see him from the shoulders up. I felt that he looked at me (tightening of the solar plexus) and held my eyes for a brief moment before the figure seemed to turn away from the window. This apartment has not been rented out yet. They have to replace the flooring. There was no maintenance that day and the landlord told me that he hasn’t unlocked the place yet. Then, last week, I finally ventured back over to the restaurant with one of the two friends. There are stairs that go up to the apartments and a door at the top of them.

The door to the restaurant was directly to the left when you walk in the outside door. We were walking across the street, saw no one go in before us, and no one followed us in. when we opened that outside door, the door to the apartments slammed shut. It scared the living crap out of us both. I have been to that restaurant a hundred times and that has NEVER happened to me. That door never slams shut, even when opened. I have been trying to communicate with whatever is up there, to let him know that he can move on, but as you hear many times, suicides don’t know what it is they have to do to move on, so it can be difficult. Thank you for your wonderful site. It helps people like me feel a little less alone.

By: lucki7978@yahoo.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.hauntings.silversgateway.com

The Basement and Apartment
Page 1 of 1