Gateway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gateway

Your Paranormal Site

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Experiences

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 724
Registration date : 2008-01-26

My Experiences Empty
PostSubject: My Experiences   My Experiences Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 6:44 am

Well...I'm not sure that these scattered experiences of mine even count as ghostly encounters or not. Some may have been sleep paralysis or some other sleep disorder for all I know, but there are a few that I'm unsure of. Most of these things occurred in the home I grew up in, but not all. The first and most vivid thing to happen was at that home, when I was around 15. I was asleep and I woke up abruptly for no apparent reason and immediately focus my eyes on what appeared to be an elderly woman dusting my desk and a small table next to it. She just moved about dusting away for a few moments and eventually she slowly faded away and was gone. I lay there dumbfounded by what I had just seen and made sure that I was actually awake. When I realized that I was, you can imagine my shock. I screamed for my mother and she came in shortly after and assured me that it was just a dream. I knew the difference between a dream and reality and that WAS no dream. It really wasn't too scary though, because the lady never seemed to even acknowledge my being there, but it was a very disturbing thing for a 15 year old.

I had another experience not long after that. Again I woke abruptly but this time to the horror of a hand rubbing across my back and someone whispering indiscernible gibberish into my ear. I laid there frozen in fear wondering if this was actually happening as the hand just slowly slid around on my back. In an instant I jumped up and looked around but there was nothing. No more whispering and no one in the room. I also remember being totally filled with dread during this. After these two occurrences I h trouble sleeping for a while. At times I would even end up in the floor of my mother's room because I was so afraid. I'd also sometimes sleep in my brother's room to have his company. After things seemed to calm dawn and I started to sleep in my own room again with little fear I had another odd encounter.

This time I was sleeping on my back and again I woke suddenly but this time I looked over to the floor and there in the floor staring right back at me was a cat. It was just sitting there kind of flopping it's tail around and just watching me. The thing is, we had no cat. We didn't own any animals what so ever. Just like with the elderly woman, the cat slowly faded away until it was gone. This time I just laughed, because it seemed so silly after I thought about it. I had a few other experiences but most of them I believe to have been a bout of sleep paralysis. They can be pretty creepy as well. For all I know all of these things could have been just that. Sometimes when I think about it.....I'm not so sure though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hauntings.silversgateway.com

My Experiences
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gateway :: In The News :: General Stories-
Jump to: