Gateway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gateway

Your Paranormal Site

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

House in Ontario

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 724
Registration date : 2008-01-26

House in Ontario Empty
PostSubject: House in Ontario   House in Ontario Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 10:48 pm

I am 40 years old and have many stories to relate of personal experiences with the supernatural since I was 12. Almost all have occurred in Canada; one in Montana. The first concerns a house in just outside the tiny village of Ida, Ontario.

In 1972 my family was on vacation and spent a couple of nights with my father's foster parents in their (then) 150 year old brick farmhouse. The room I slept in was an upstairs study in the huge two-storey house and I remember being awakened by the sound of footsteps walking through the room, causing the fine china and crystal in the room to rattle. I distinctly remember opening my eyes to see a pair of black shoes or boots and lower pants pass by, with nothing at all visible above them.

I was not afraid that night; only annoyed because it had been a very long journey that day and I was very tired. After I awoke in the morning and thought about it over breakfast, I went upstairs again to check the place out. Whatever was haunting the place was waiting for me in the upstairs hallway and though I coudn't actually see it, I could definitely feel it's presence between me and the library. I stood there for a while trying to decide what to do; I knew for sure I wasn't going forward but I did not want to back down, either.

The room I had spent the night in had two doors, one of which was adjacent to me and the other down the hall past the presence. I decided I would just go around it through the room and get to the library that way. As I passed through the room there was the usual noise of china rattling from the many beautiful items on display that were disturbed by my footsteps. When I re-entered the hall I looked back to where the presence was and could not feel it there anymore. I found out why moments later as the sound of footsteps retraced my path through the room I had just exited and were coming my way.

At this point I abandoned my exploration of the upstairs and bolted down the now empty hallway to the stairs.
I got little sleep that night as the presence decided it would be amusing to walk back and forth past me all night,
occassionally stopping to stare (glare?) at me. Just before we left the next day I asked the owner about the presence upstairs, and he said that in the fifty-odd years he had lived there, the presence had always been around. Him and his wife just ignored it as it never did anything dangerous. He figured it was likely the ghost of the previous owner who had died years earlier, shortly before their purchase. There was no mention of the house being haunted before then. I've never been back since, and the owners passed away several years ago. I do not know the current status of the house.

By: sdheih@telusplanet.net
Back to top Go down
http://www.hauntings.silversgateway.com
troyarn

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-01-26

House in Ontario Empty
PostSubject: Re: House in Ontario   House in Ontario Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 9:13 pm

Weird story! Especially the part about the presence following your path through the room.
Back to top Go down

House in Ontario
Page 1 of 1