Gateway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gateway

Your Paranormal Site

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Haunted Home Place

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 724
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Haunted Home Place Empty
PostSubject: Haunted Home Place   Haunted Home Place Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 7:41 pm

anonymous

Hello, I read your site often. I have been trying for about a month now to get up enough nerve to send my story so here goes. You can give me your opinion if you want but I really just wanted to share something. I don't tell alot of people this and my mother all but refuses to talk about it at all (understandable considering the circumstances) Plus I only know a few things about what happend because my mother would only tell me so much before freaking out. I shall start with a brief introduction.
Okay, I grew up in a small town and for about a year we lived in a haunted house when I was just 2 years old or so. In other words I don't remember specific things just feelings.
It all started when my mother and father moved from South Carolina to Kentucky. They rented an old house with a huge basement. (this was told to me by my mother) I don't remember much about the house so this is all second hand information. They had lived there only about a month when my mother and older sister started noticing things. They told me that I was the focus of this spirit as it would do things to me or around me. here is a few of the things that happend to me when I was little.
One time my mother and sister was sitting in the living room watching TV. I had a little wooden rocking chair that I loved to sit in. My father was at work working the night shift in the coal mines. Mom said all of a sudden things got very cold and my little rocking chair started rocking very fast and the rocking tossed me out onto the floor. Then the chair fell backwards against the wall (with noone in it by the way) and my mother and my sister both heard a very dull laughing.
My mother said that the thing in the house would push me, and a few times when she was watching me play on the front porch would pick me up and drop me down hard on the ground. My mother says that she was terrified to leave me alone. Then another time my big sister and her best friend was playing with me in the front yard and my mother said she heard them screaming for her. When she went out in the yard my sister and her friend was holding on to me and crying. I was trying to go down the little hill into a little field below our house begging to go play with "it". My sister to this day swears that she and her friend saw a big black figure hiding behind a tree motioning for me to come to it and what was scary was that I was going. My sisters friend refused to come visit her at her house after that episode.
My mother told me that I told her its name ( I won't repeat it here for it makes me have anxiety attacks) and that it lived in a deep dark hole in the ground. down in the field below our house. My mother went looking for a hole in the ground and she found an old well that had been boarded up and the weeds had grown over it pretty bad so it was very difficult to see. (She didn't tell me if she experienced anything there or not but she wouldn't talk about it with me) She kept begging my father to move. My mother said it would laugh at her and she was constantly scared.
Finally, one night when my dad was home something happend that made my dad rethink and take my mother seriously. My parents were in bed and it was pretty late. My father looked up and noticed the shadow of someone staring at him in the darkness. My dad at first thought it was my sister so he raised up and asked her what was wrong. The thing laughed and my mother screamed that it wasnt my sister because the shadow was too big to be my sister. When she screamed my dad jumped up to turn on the lights and it laughed again and disappeared. From then on my dad took what my mother said seriously. After a while my dad was able to buy a piece of land and we moved and according to my mother not a minute too soon. To this day my mother refuses to talk about it.
I didn't find out about this until years later when I was watching TV about 15 years old or so. I saw a commercial for cat food with the same name of the thing that had haunted us years before. ( I had no idea about this because my mother didn't tell me about until afterward) Anyway, As soon as I heard the commercial and name of the cat food I had an anxiety attack. When I told my mother what happend she turned very pale and told me some of the story.
Some history of the house after we moved out. There was a man and his daughter who moved into the house. He was a single father so he had his mother move into the house with him to help him take care of his daughter while he worked. Within two years of them living there the man went crazy and one night killed himself with a gun. The daughter and her grandmother moved out the night of his suicide and moved away to another state. No one ever lived in the house again. It stood empty for years and the house started falling apart. The owner had since died along time ago and everyone just sort of ignored the old house. (my mother never told anyone of our experiences). Finally, about 6 or 7 years ago they tore down the house and the basement and they built a community volunteer fire department on the property. That building isn't exactly where the house was. It stands about 30 or so feet from where the original house stood. Anyway things seem to be prett
Anyway that is my story. I have had other experiences as an adult but I will save those for another day. Thanks for listening.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hauntings.silversgateway.com
troyarn

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Haunted Home Place Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haunted Home Place   Haunted Home Place Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 8:24 pm

Very good story. It leaves us wondering what this thing was, what it wanted, and what the heck is down in that well. Tonight will be yet another hard night to sleep. Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down

Haunted Home Place
Page 1 of 1