Gateway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gateway

Your Paranormal Site

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ghostly Encounters Book Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
PaulDaleRoberts

Number of posts : 1744
Registration date : 2009-05-17

Ghostly Encounters Book Review Empty
PostSubject: Ghostly Encounters Book Review   Ghostly Encounters Book Review Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 4:51 pm

Name: Ghostly Encounters – Confessions of a Paranormal Investigator
Authors: Jeff Scott Cole with Johnathon Robson
Publisher: Skyhorse Publishing
www.skyhorsepublishing.com
Price: $24.99
Overviewed by: Paul Dale Roberts, HPI Esoteric Detective
www.jazmaonline.com
Comments: Jeff Scott Cole is a writer, former middle school teacher, and broken-down archaeologist whose foray into the paranormal represents a hiatus from the traditional history texts typically found in his personal stacks. Jeff is a member of the Society of American Archaeology and the Ohio Archaeological Council. Recently transplanted from Ohio’s “eerie” coast, he currently resides in Atlanta, Georgia. Johnathon Robson is a former death metal musician, music production artist, bank fraud investigator turned paranormal investigator. Johnathon grew up with an avid interest in the paranormal field and in 2011 he formed C-Bus (Columbus) Paranormal. He resides in Mount Gilead, Ohio.

For amateur ghost hunters that have no clue on how to ghost hunt, I truly recommend this book. It’s a fascinating read as the authors tell you about some of their experiences as a ghost hunter; with some comical mentions; as when you read about the Mentor Municipal Cemetery investigation. An amateur ghost hunter can use this book as their Bible for investigating. The authors explain the classifications of EVPs (Electronic Voice Phenomenon). If you ever wanted to know what a Class A EVP is, compared to a Class C..then this is the book for you. If you are interested in the many varieties of equipment that is used for paranormal investigating, with this book you get pictures of the equipment and detailed information about the equipment. I absolutely enjoyed their investigative stories. Reading these stories, you feel like you are right beside the authors investigating places like Ohio State Reformatory, Prospect Place Manor and other intriguing places. As you get further into this book, you have a section called Gizmos and Gadgets: A Cautionary Tale. You will love this section, just like I said, you can use this book as a Bible. I always say: “do your homework before investigating.” This book can be your “homework”. At the end of the book, they have a superb guide to other ghost hunting groups from all 50 states. Ghostly Encounters is definitely a book that you won’t be able to put down. Absolutely remarkable!
Back to top Go down

Ghostly Encounters Book Review
Page 1 of 1