Gateway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gateway

Your Paranormal Site

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Monster Book - Creatures, Beasts and Fiends of Nature (Book Review)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
PaulDaleRoberts

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2009-05-17

The Monster Book - Creatures, Beasts and Fiends of Nature (Book Review) Empty
PostSubject: The Monster Book - Creatures, Beasts and Fiends of Nature (Book Review)   The Monster Book - Creatures, Beasts and Fiends of Nature (Book Review) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 27, 2023 3:40 am

Author: Nick Redfern
Publisher: Visible Ink
Price: $25.47 at Amazon
Reviewed by: Paul Dale Roberts, Halo Paranormal Investigations
Comments: Wow! This book is a MONSTER book! The book is thick and oozing with monster lore, identifying monsters seen throughout the world. Let me go over some of them. There are witnesses throughout the British Isles that see the ABCs! What are ABCs? ABC are Alien Big Cat. There are witnesses that see these large black cats roaming the hillsides of England. People have taken pictures of them. The people of the British Isles seem to accept the sightings of ABCs, but it appears the government seems to avoid the subject. People have seen these big cats vanish right before their very eyes. Sometimes the big cats are seen near and around UFO activity. Just what are they? It's anyone's guess. On some of these cryptids, you may want to keep a light on. Especially, when you read about the Linton Worm. The Linton Worm is a man-eating worm like beast, known to eat cows, sheep, pigs and yes...people! Nick did an excellent job with this book. The Monster Book covers hundreds of various cryptids. I will name just a few. In this book you will find information on the Beast of Bray Road; Fenrir the Werewolf; the Texas Chupacabra; Bear-Monster; Giant Salamander.

I have to comment on the giant salamander. Here in Elk Grove, California, we had giant salamander sightings at the Laguna Creek Wetlands. Come to find out two UC Davis students released a giant salamander in our Wetlands. People who saw the giant salamander, thought they were seeing things, when actually they saw exactly what they thought they saw and there was a good explanation on why there was a giant salamander in our Wetlands.

Other monsters mentioned in this book are the Mongolian Death Worm. The Mongolian Death Worm is one scary monster and most likely was the inspiration for Sandworms in the Dune novels by Frank Herbert and the sandworm in the movie Beetlejuice. Monsters seem to leave a deep impression in the minds of man. More monsters mentioned in this book are....yes...release the Kraken! Yep, the story of the Kraken is in this monstrous book! Then you have the internet sensation Slenderman that basically has become a Tulpa and now people around the world encounter this cryptid! The blood thirsty Wendigo is in this book. Skunk apes and the creepy grinning man. Remember how a grinning man named Indrid Cold tormented the author of the Mothman Prophesies? If I saw a creepy man grinning at me constantly, I would get pretty freaked out. Nick really did his homework on this book. So much information, so many monsters. I really enjoyed reading about the Tulpa. Dame Alexandera David-Neel created her own Tulpa and there were some very scary results.

I have to mention that author Walter B. Gibson created his own Tulpa. A character he created called "The Shadow"....yeah, that Shadow! Walter thought about his character so much, that his family and friends who came to visit him, described seeing a character lurking around Walter's house that had a red scarf over his mouth, a long protruding nose and wearing a large-brimmed hat. Yes, his family and friends were seeing The Shadow! Walter created his own Tulpa!

Magnificent, brilliant and sometimes downright scary! The Monster Book has it all!!
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1