Gateway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gateway

Your Paranormal Site

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is the Jersey Devil?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
PaulDaleRoberts

Number of posts : 1740
Registration date : 2009-05-17

What is the Jersey Devil? Empty
PostSubject: What is the Jersey Devil?   What is the Jersey Devil? Icon_minitimeTue May 09, 2023 4:16 am

Paul Dale Roberts, HPI's Esoteric Detective
Sacramento Paranormal Investigations
Halo Paranormal Investigations
www.cryptic916.com/
Email: jazmaonline@gmail.com
Sacramento Paranormal Haunted Hotline: 916 203 7503
www.lulu.com/spotlight/httpswwwlulucomspotlightjazmapika1
jazmaonline.boards.net/thread/2495/paul-dale-roberts-biography-revised

I once had an all-night layover in New Jersey. During my all-night layover, I decided to head to the hotel bar and meet some of the passengers from my flight. On that night, I met Randy Morrison from Philadelphia, who once lived in Trenton, New Jersey. Randy to this day, is one of my Facebook friends and our final destination was Amsterdam. During our conversation, I asked Randy about the Jersey Devil aka the Leeds Devil of Pine Barrens, New Jersey. Randy had an interesting story. Randy and his two older brothers went hiking in the Pine Barrens and at some point, during their hike, they heard a loud scream. Randy said that the scream was ear piercing. It was a scream that Randy was unfamiliar with. Randy says that one of his brothers was about 50 yards in front of Randy and his other brother and claims he saw what looked like a goat's head peeking from behind a tree. Randy's brother freaked out and started running towards Randy and his other brother. Randy and his two brothers ran all the way back to their cars and Randy's brother described seeing an odd-looking goat's head peeking from behind the tree. Randy's brother is sure that he saw the Jersey Devil and mentioned that even though he saw the goat's head, it didn't look normal, it looked devilish. Other witnesses to the Jersey Devil say that the Jersey Devil is a flying bipedal creature, with a goat's head and hoofs. The cryptid also has large leathery wings.

Randy felt like he had an answer to what the Jersey Devil is. Randy actually believes that the Jersey Devil is the infamous original Chupacabra of Puerto Rico. Randy says this is not the Chupacabra of Texas, a coyote with mange, but the original Chupacabra that was seen in Puerto Rico that also had wings. Randy mentions the 1840 livestock killings which are very similar to how the Chupacabra kills, not to mention the 1925 chicken slaughters in which a New Jersey farmer shot at the Jersey Devil. Randy says that everything points towards the original Chupacabra.

I must agree with Randy, it would appear that the Jersey Devil and the original Chupacabra are quite similar, except that the Jersey Devil has a goat's head and the original Chupacabra almost looks like a grey alien with large oval shaped eyes, small holes for nostrils, lipless mouth, no ears. The original Chupacabra are described as either having wings like the Jersey Devil or having spine like appendages in which the Jersey Devil has no spine like appendages. The original Chupacabra is said to be 4 to 5 feet tall, while the Jersey Devil is said to be 3 to 4 feet tall and in some cases as tall as 6 feet. As you can see there are some similarities and some differences.

The Lenape indigenous people of the Pine Barrens, believe that the Jersey Devil is a spirit that they call M'Sing. Locals came up with the legend that Mother Leeds, a witch from the 1900s cursed her 13th child, because she didn't want any more children. This 13th child transformed into the Jersey Devil. The Jersey Devil's father is said to be a demon. Other locals say that the story of the Jersey Devil has been passed around orally for a long time and was meant to provide entertainment to the children. But, if you ask Randy's brother who witnessed the Jersey Devil, this cryptid is very real and not a fantasy story made up by the locals. I also wonder if so many people believe in the Jersey Devil, did this entity manifest from the minds of many believers and in doing so, became what is known as a Tulpa? A Tulpa is an entity that is born from the minds of people. Case example: Slenderman was created from the Internet, but so many people believe that Slenderman is real and now people are claiming that they have encountered Slenderman. Slenderman if real, is considered as a Tulpa. Another case example: Author Walter B. Gibson created the character The Shadow. Family and friends visiting Walter at his home were seeing a dark figure, wearing a brimmed hat, red scarf over the mouth and a long protruding nose. Family and friends were describing the character The Shadow. Walter was thinking so much of the character that he created, that from his mind came a Tulpa...The Shadow! The Jersey Devil possibly could be a Tulpa!

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1