Gateway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gateway

Your Paranormal Site

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Summer of '89

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 724
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Summer of '89 Empty
PostSubject: Summer of '89   Summer of '89 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 10:36 pm

I have several ghost stories/occurences from the summer of '89 when i lived on pilgrim road...about 2 miles from edgartown off the main road...my roommates and i had an unbelievable summer of surprises! a poltergeist IN the house we rented...and ghosts walked our street at night! i will never forget the night i was walking up the road with my roommate...we were walking and talking about our day...it was about 10pm...and as i was walking...i remember thinking, wow that fog is really rolling in tonight (at the end of the road there was a bog like area...where fog cld be seen over the area of it)...as we were walking...i recall walking a bit slower and slower...b/c as we walked there was something...a shape of a woman walking with a child who was also walking (they were holding hands) in the distance/ in the dark...but as we walked towards it and it towards us i distinctly remember thinking how odd that there features weren't really forming and they were'nt as distinct as you wld expect b/c at this point they were probably about 25-30 ft away from us. at that point, i stopped in my tracks...looked over at my friend (didn't say a word)...who looked over at me--on both of our faces was total "HUH! what the??!!" and we took off running at top speed back to the house, fumbling for the keys...ran inside the house locked the doors and were just stammering for words.."what did you see...why did you run?" "what did you see?"

"what was that?" we both agreed that we saw a woman and child (about the size of a 4-6 yr old) walking towards us...the woman's silloutte was of a long garb that was just not a modern silloette for 1989...slight puff sleeve, small waist, very full (hoop like) skirt that hung to the ground...though they were relatively close to us...there features remained misty, yet formed into a face...w/o distinct/solid features...and they remained in grey/white tones...(it was a very bright night/full moon no less)...

our home we rented had a poltergeist that wld turn lights on and off, open cabinets, and the refridgerator door.
we spent the first mth all not really putting it all together/talking about it--tried to justify it make sense to ourselves (not wanting to think or admit there was "activity." once we saw the ghosts on the road we told everyone...and suddenly we were all talking about what others thought they had seen other nights...but eventually rationalized to themselves it must have been the fog moving in...or mailboxes/shadows...we tried over and over to recreate that effect in the place we saw the ghosts (that evening even)!!! with out friends...and it cld not be done and in broad daylight we revisited the road where it had occurred...there weren't any mailboxes on that side of the street!

By: dalhia212@earthlink.net
Back to top Go down
http://www.hauntings.silversgateway.com

Summer of '89
Page 1 of 1