Gateway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gateway

Your Paranormal Site

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Woodland Opera House, West Sacramento Residence, and Nancy Bradley

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 724
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Woodland Opera House, West Sacramento Residence, and Nancy Bradley Empty
PostSubject: Woodland Opera House, West Sacramento Residence, and Nancy Bradley   Woodland Opera House, West Sacramento Residence, and Nancy Bradley Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 4:54 pm

Before I get on with the story about the Woodland Opera House Investigation, I would like to talk about another investigation that occurred again at a West Sacramento residence. This is an ongoing investigation that we have been doing for about 6 months now and it always produces excellent results! Investigators present: Shannon McCabe, Mary Casiano, Paul Dale Roberts, and Tim Hawkins. Media Present: Robert Victor Scheide aka R.V. of the Sacramento News & Review and Paul Dale Roberts, HPI Ghostwriter. I get to be on two lists (smile).

There was an incredible amount of information and phenomenon that R.V. witnessed, and I will let him explain that in his article that he will be writing for Sacramento News & Review. R.V. of course, had to be blindfolded for his ride to the West Sac residence. Shannon picked him up in her "Ectoplasmobile" and blindfolded him with her black Chanel scarf. RV must have felt like he was captured by a terrorist group....poor guy. The reason R.V. was blindfolded was to ensure the confidentiality of the occupants and the residence. We could not have any chance of the address or occupants names being released.

I should let you know this is all occurred on September 14, 2007, Friday. I will give you a brief idea of what occurred... R.V. witnessed moving and darting orbs on video, while he sat in the kitchen. He watched the TV monitor and called upon the entities. The orbs darted around R.V. in a constant and deliberate manner. When R.V. departed, Tim Hawkins brought out his dowsing rods and acquired the following information: The entities are upset with the renovation that is occurring in the home. The entities do not like the contractors. The entities did not appreciate the investigation this night. The entities say there were no ghostly children present tonight. The entities indicated that they can hear Mary speaking. Mary asked the entities if they can hear her talking, they indicated 'yes' via EVP.

The dowsing rods then pointed to the portal in the house twice. The portal is located in the office. Tim immediately goes toward the office and feels energy at the portal. Mary starts to get goosebumps on her legs. I felt a cold rush down my back. While we are at the portal location in the office, Mary and I hear a faint knock in the kitchen area. One of the occupants indicated to me, that lately she has heard faint laughter and voices when she is laying in bed with her head on the pillow. But, the knocking was unexplainable this night.

While R.V. was present, Alicia uploaded and played back an EVP that was recorded while he was sitting in the kitchen. R.V. seemed pretty amazed and the phenomenon. Shannon asks the entity if she likes me. The entity says "handsome". Another EVP recorded this night said "yes" to a question that Alicia asked. All in all it was a great night at the West Sacramento Residence, and we thank the owners for letting us into their home again, it is always an enlightening experience! Be on the lookout for the October issue of Sacramento News & Review for the full story on this investigation!

Well, I am still not ready to talk about the Saturday, September 15, 2007 investigation of the Woodland Opera House. I want to give you details of an unusual email I received from Langston Williams. A gentleman I met at a neighborhood block party. He had a very odd paranormal encounter. Let's see what he says in his email:

"Hey Mr.Roberts! How's it going? I was at Gloria R's block party.
Here is the story I want to send you. On July the 24th 2007, My mom and I flew to Las Vegas. We checked into the Treasure Island Hotel on Las Vegas Strip. There we met up with my aunt, uncle, and two cousins. We stayed on the 14th floor of the hotel. That night we all stayed in the room. The first night I awoke in the middle of the night as normal, because I was stressed about getting a new job. No big deal. The second night I again was awakened by something or someone in the room. Not sure what it was. My uncle has Lou Garrick's Disease. I thought maybe he might need me to move my bed so he can have access to the bathroom because of his condition. My bed was on the floor near the restroom. Again nothing. I looked up. No light in the bathroom. Everyone is sound asleep. I fall back to sleep. On the 3rd night the same old thing. The difference is, I woke up that morning half sleep around 7 a.m. I wanted to catch another hour before we hit the road. As I was falling back to sleep, I felt like someone or something was pushing their fingers down at end of my bed around my feet. At first I was thinking it could be a rodent? It wasn't. My heart rate began to rise as I awoke from my half sleep knowing that everyone in the room was asleep. I looked up to try and see any shadows or feel a temperature change. Nothing. I just needed to get out of that bed. I was half spooked but half irritated because sleep is important to me. I knew I did not want to go back to sleep in that room and was glad we were going to hit the road soon. I do know when someone dies in a house or dwelling there is a stigma attached. Especially if the death was a suicide or violent death. Las Vegas being Vegas it could be any one of those things. Some people believe me, some give me a crazy look. I don't care! I know what I experienced at the Treasure Island Hotel in Las Vegas, Langston Williams"

Whew!! That is one scary night at the Treasure Island Hotel in Las Vegas. Langston, you didn't tell me what room it was, so that way I can make sure I never sleep in that room! Yikes! Well, it looks like I can now get the show on the road. Let's talk about that Woodland Opera House Haunting Investigation. Let's get some history of the place first. Here are the facts received from Kristen Sheley (HPI Investigator/Researcher)...as Joe Friday of Dragnet would say..."just the facts ma'am":

1885: Woodland Opera House is built.

1896: Opera House is rebuilt after being destroyed by fire four years earlier.

1913: More than 300 touring companies appear on the Opera House's stage during a 17-year run. Because of the growing popularity of motion pictures and an injury lawsuit, the Opera House is closed and boarded up.

1971: Yolo County Historical Society purchases the building, which that year is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

1973: Opera House becomes a California Registered Historical Landmark (No. 851).

1976: The Opera House is declared a California State Historic Park.

1980: The Opera House is donated to the state of California.

1981: A $2 million restoration begins.

1989: The Opera House reopens and, for the first time in nearly eight decades, begins to offer live entertainment year-round.

2008: A $2.2 million Opera House expansion is planned with funding from a sales tax extension. The renovation will include a new performing arts center for young people.

The date is: Saturday, September 15, 2007 and the Woodland Opera House Investigation commences.

Entering Woodland is like walking into a piece of Americana history. The town has a cozy feeling to it, with shops and businesses like The House Dresser (which sells antiques), Osaka Sushi, the 1914 R.B. Cranston Building, Ludy's Main Street BBQ and Tazzina Bistro. Even the sign on the light post says.."Stroll Through History". I come upon the famous Woodland Opera House and the HPI team is assembling outside. Alicia Perry, Lead Investigator gives paranormal investigators Jennifer Baca, Mary Casiano, Holly DeLaughter, Brian Colbert, Cherie Vincent, Shannon McCabe, Michelle Paykel and John Wachter aka Vlawde a briefing. Of course, I'm right in the middle, listening to the briefing too.

Alicia explains that she conducted a pre-investigation on August 25, Saturday with John Wachter, Michelle Paykel, Mary Casiano, Jennifer Baca and Carol Gillis. In the pre-investigation Michelle saw a ball of light in the balcony, they picked up a slew of EVPs. The EVPs that were analyzed said: "go back", "turn around", "go", "no", "it's Black's fault, get him Pa", "I'm more powerful". One of the EVPs they captured in the balcony is believed to be an entity named William. And a lot of digital photographs captured strange and unusual orb activity.

During our investigation, Mary Casiano's EMF Reader goes off at one particular seat in the 2nd back row. Shannon sits behind the seat and tries to communicate with the entity. She pretends to massage the entity's shoulders and the EMF Reader goes off like a firetruck emergency siren for an 4 alarm fire! This took place for about 3 or 4 minutes and we luckily caught it on video. After a while the EMF Reader finally stops, while Shannon moves her wrists around, tired from massaging the air. When I walked into one of the dressing rooms, I closed the door behind me and sat in the dressing room for about 20 minutes in the dark. I tried this with another dressing room and the temperature gauge reads 32. There is a cold chill. The temperature gauge reads 78 and everything is back to normal. Holly DeLaughter takes a photo of me and to everyone's surprise, it looks like an entity is fusing with my head, there is something projecting out of my neck and a woman's leg is imprinted into my shorts. I told Holly to definitely send me this unusual photo, this is a photo that needs to be seriously analyzed. Alicia shakes her head and says..."Paul, you attract them all!" There was even one time, I thought I heard a female's voice say "Paul". I asked Jennifer Baca if she called my name and she said "no". Of course, it could have just been my over-active imagination, but who knows? Jennifer was telling me that a ghost by the name of William Porter haunts the building and supposedly he died fighting a fire. Porter died in the back alley outside when the wall collapsed on him. Jennifer suggested I read the news clippings about this firefighter, because she didn't want to give me the wrong information. I was heading that way, when Shannon tells me that it's time to boogie.

Shannon and I had to leave Woodland for another investigation and a semi-documentary called, "Ghost Girls" starring Shannon McCabe and Nancy Bradley -Celebrities Psychic to the Stars. Shannon and I, went directly to Shannon's home to meet up with Chris Grissom, HPI investigator and excellent camera guy. Chris and I, jumped into the "Ectoplasmobile" and with Shannon at the wheel, went to Placerville to meet up with Nancy Bradley, her husband Robert Reppert who runs the Gold Rush Ghosts (Paranormal Investigative Group) and Nancy's assistant, Catherine Noble.

Nancy Bradley has a beautiful home that looks like a museum, filled with antiques and filled with memorabilia of her glory days as a professional dancer and psychic! We found out that this is not exactly her home, but Nancy's office! What a place... it looks like a home, but it isn't. How wonderful. There was so much to see, it would be almost impossible to put it in words. Nancy's office is incredibly haunted and we all tested the stairwell, where there is incredible orb activity going on. Robert, Nancy's husband keeps a video camera stationed in the stairwell to monitor the unusual orb activity. Nancy gave us the grand tour and we met her Whippet dog 'Sammy' and Smooth Collie 'Bailey'. Nancy also feeds the rats that live underneath her outdoor patio. She thinks there are something like 36 rats that live underneath there. When Nancy brings out the food, the rats are at her feet begging. When I step out into the patio, they squirm underneath. Nancy also has some cats that eye the friendly, cute, rats as food. Nancy gets after the cats and tells the cats to stop misbehaving. Nancy is an unbelievable animal lover, and sees all living creatures as beautiful beings.. not vermin.

Nancy says that her home used to be owned by a mortician and he kept some of the corpses in the area that is now the front office. There was a woman named Catherine who was shot by her husband in the upstairs bedroom.

As I talked with Nancy, I discover that she is the sweetest woman I have ever met, she is so down-to-earth and loving. She lived an incredible life and talks about the celebrity's that she's met from Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Sammy Davis, Jr., to Milton Berle. She tells me how Milton once told her that "dancers are a dime a dozen". Wow! I have something in common with Nancy, when I was a professional dancer and tried to make it to the big time in Hollywood, the movie producer of Rollerboogie told me the exact same thing. I told Nancy, I drove back from Hollywood to Sacramento and a song came on with these words reverberating from my radio speakers..... 'Leaving on a Midnight Train to Georgia...Hollywood proved too much for the man'. Nancy laughed. I told Shannon, I have to come back and do a full blown article on Nancy, because a blurb in this article, doesn't do her justice.

Catherine Noble, her assistant explains to me that she has been with Nancy for 8 years and Nancy has been her guiding light, life coach, counselor, and she also is a paranormal investigator with Gold Rush Ghosts, run by Nancy's husband Robert Reppert. I can see why Nancy is able to impact peoples' lives, she impacted my life in the short time talking with her, when she told me that a short woman with the name of Mary, or Maria, last name started with a C is watching over me. My deceased mother's name if Rosemarie Causing (Maiden Name). I was stunned! During the filming of the semi-documentary 'Ghost Girls', Shannon and Nancy walked into the home, discussed the history of the home, sat on the antique seance table and Nancy described her experiences in the house. Nancy discussed how she once sat on a couch and it levitated 3 feet into the air with her on it and came crashing down. Nancy describes the portal near her huge steel safe. She also laughs and says that if a burglar were to get into the safe, the burglar will find only dog food! While the documentary is going on, I walk around Nancy's home with my Listen Up device, that enhances sound. Cherie Vincent showed me how this device works and I was surprised at all of the sounds I was able to pick up, I could hear Nancy's cat scratching the window screen from 200 feet away. At one time, I thought I heard whispers, but I don't know if it was Shannon whispering or Nancy whispering. I will have to test this device out further. Cherie used this device on stage at the Woodland Opera House and heard someone say "hey" two times. In the documentary as Chris Grissom and Robert Reppert did their camera work, I played the lackey for Shannon, following her around and handing her instruments that she requested for her ghost hunting. Robert directed the documentary and did an extraordinary job to get his vision of how everything should look for the video. You can purchase the DVD "Ghost Girls" at www.NancyBradely.org it should be available in early October, 2007.

As I left Nancy's home, I could only imagine what other fantastic stories Nancy could tell me. I look at Shannon and Chris and tell them..."we have to come back". Shannon assures me with her words..."yes, Paul, we will, we will."

Paul Dale Roberts,
Jazma Freelance Writer
H.P.I. Ghostwriter/Paranormal Investigator
www.jazmaonline.com
JazmaPika@cs.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.hauntings.silversgateway.com

Woodland Opera House, West Sacramento Residence, and Nancy Bradley
Page 1 of 1