Gateway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gateway

Your Paranormal Site

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Mirror

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 724
Registration date : 2008-01-26

The Mirror Empty
PostSubject: The Mirror   The Mirror Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 11:03 am

I have always been fascinated with ghosts and the paranormal, but I cannot say that I ever really had an experience before this one.

I was living in Louisiana with my boyfriend at the time. We were living in a relatively new condo. I had never been afraid or felt weird there before.

My mother was moving out of state and gave me a gilt-framed mirror before she moved. I had it for a short time and I kept it in the extra bedroom upstairs.

I placed the mirror at the foot of the extra bed-facing the bed and leaning against it. I started keeping that door open whereas I kept it shut before. I don't know why.

I just felt uncomfortable with that door closed.

The Sunday morning before mardi gras in 1996 I had plans to meet family and friends for a parade. My boyfriend was supposed to come home and meet me before we left, but he never came. No call. Nothing.

I was upset, but left without him. He had done this type of thing before. I did not get a call from him until that evening. When I made it home that night, I tried not to argue or get upset because it just made things worse. We had gotten into bed late that night and stayed up talking. He was really good at talking. Of course I wanted to believe what he said so bad. I noticed I began to feel very nervous. The feeling of unease got stronger as the night wore on. We were still talking, but I was becoming so jumpy! It didn't make sense because we were not discussing anything that would frighten me. The TV was off-so no scary movies..

As the night progressed, my unease grew. I seemed barely able to tear my attention away from the doorway. I became so skittish I had to be right next to my boyfriend. If he walked into our closet and I had to be right beside him. If he went to the bathroom, I would follow and stand outside in the lavatory. It was pretty pathetic. I remember telling him "Its in there!", meaning the extra room. At one point I was in the lavatory and the door to our room slammed shut! I swear I jumped three feet! I was convinced that something was in the spare bedroom and it felt angry! My boyfriend checked the extra room but I could not step foot in it. I kept yelling "Get out! Get out!" I ran downstairs and sat on the sofa facing the stairs. Of course, there was nothing in the bedroom. I then began hearing footsteps overhead. We were both downstairs.

Where I was sitting was directly beneath the guest room. My boyfriend mentioned that since I had brought the mirror in he would find himself looking up when he was home downstairs. He said that when he would put his shoes on, his attention was always drawn to the ceiling which was under the guest room which housed the mirror. He said that he wasn't scared, but that he couldn't help looking up. At about 5 a.m. I called my mother to come get the mirror. I was hearing distinct footsteps overhead. I was quite scared! I heard another door slam(all had been closed at this time) and I ran outside! I was only wearing a t-shirt but I didn't care! I tried to tell myself that the air conditioner kicked on causing the door to slam, but it hadn't. I also noted that the wind was very still, so that didn't do it. I stood outside the front door until daylight came. I noticed my fear just went away. I didn't feel like anything was in the house like it had before. My mother came and picked up the mirror. When I told her what happened, she said that she felt that whatever it was was mad at my boyfriend and not me. I told her that I didn't care and to take the mirror!

She said that she never particularly liked the mirror. She ended up dropping it off at the Goodwill store. I haven't been that frightened since.

By: hollyclint@cox.net
Back to top Go down
http://www.hauntings.silversgateway.com

The Mirror
Page 1 of 1