Gateway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gateway

Your Paranormal Site

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Haunted Places in Cedar Rapids Iowa

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 724
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Haunted Places in Cedar Rapids Iowa Empty
PostSubject: Haunted Places in Cedar Rapids Iowa   Haunted Places in Cedar Rapids Iowa Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 4:28 pm

My son has worked for several security firms here in town and he has stories that would curl your hair - for example -the Fire and Casuality building at the corner of 2nd str and 2 ave has a bad feeling to it at night -my son refused to work patrol in that building after one night - he said lots of ghosts- he and I both get these feelings - I later heard rumors that there had been shootings in that building and several people had died - in the Armstrongs Center- in the basement - you may be followed by the "ghost security"--you ll never see his face - just tell him that it s ok and you can handle it and thank him and he will disappear- if you curse at him or get angry he will strike you and has struck a woman -going down the stairs to the basement you will here tapping ( there was a fellow trapped and killed under the big freezers that used to be there for the resturant that no longer is there- if you tell Frank that help is on the way the tapping stops - if you tell him to go to the light the tapping gets frantic and louder - also once in the basement you may feel a little tug on your sleeve and as you look down you find a little boy who asks if you have seen his ball-you look at your watch - it s2:30-AM and when you look back - he s gone --also there is an older part of the basement that my son would not enter at all -- he said he felt nearly paralized with fear going anywhere near the door and only even tried to get the door opened once and had to leave - there is also a huanted office building out near Hiawatha - will have to ask him which on it is - I think it is the old Parson s building- some one tries to force open the door- and you can see their face thru the window -but a security guard standing outside could see no one - just the door moving- and my son was talking to him on a cell phone and watching the security camera and watching the face inside -- later my son- when he asked about that tape was told that in their line of business stuff like this was just erased and they don t talk about it - also when in that building late at night you can hear papers rustling in empty offices and there is a woman who walks up and down halls and she was also on the camera as my son would see her on the camera and go to see who had gotten in to the building and no one was there- I worked at the MCI building for many years and there are cold spots there -and sometimes -- well - just weird feelings - I know it usesd to be a bank -below the old roosevelt hotel there is an old pool and health club - long abandoned and vandalized - I know I don t like to be alone in what is referred to as "the dungeon"- it was something in it s day -- mexican tile and a beautiful pool with separate weight rooms and dressing rooms- but it is now a dark and eerie place- have been in the basement of what used to be the Killians building - don t think it s haunted - but the echos and the feeling is interesting there

By: tikkytoes@mchsi.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.hauntings.silversgateway.com

Haunted Places in Cedar Rapids Iowa
Page 1 of 1