Gateway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gateway

Your Paranormal Site

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Haunted Coal Mine

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 724
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Haunted Coal Mine Empty
PostSubject: Haunted Coal Mine   Haunted Coal Mine Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 3:16 am

I don't know if this qualifies as a ghost story, but here it goes. A few years a go, I was visiting a friend in a small Virginia town. He had took me up to an old coal mine that had closed down years ago, due to a massive explosion at the bottom of the shaft. While we were there, we heard a hellish scream.

Please excuse my language. The type of scream one would expect to hear from someone who is slowly being tortured and killed. It rose through octave after octave. Finally reaching a blood curdling point. Hung in the air for a few seconds and finally stopped.

Followed by what sounded like lunitical laughter. He finally told me that twenty men perished there in the mine. I Believe that what we heard was a spirit telling us to leave the area and leave their final resting place in piece. We left the mine in a hurry, never to return to the mine again.

By: spuds1974@comcast.net
Back to top Go down
http://www.hauntings.silversgateway.com

Haunted Coal Mine
Page 1 of 1