Gateway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gateway

Your Paranormal Site

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My personal story

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 724
Registration date : 2008-01-26

My personal story Empty
PostSubject: My personal story   My personal story Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 9:13 pm

I would like to know if anyone has experienced anything like what my family and I experienced in 1977? Especially if anyone reading this ever lived in or around the Gulfport, Mississippi area, and may have heard of similar stories.
Around 1977, I was stationed at the Gulfport Naval Construction Center. Just before Christmas, my wife and I, along with my two daughters (They were ages 4 and 2 then), moved into a new military housing area located just north of I-10. The housing area was so new that every house in the entire subdivision didn't even have grass yet. I lived on the back row of the development with a wooded area behind me and to the side of me. It was a real nice house. It was a three bed room house, and each of us having our own room.

There was a central hall way running down the middle and a single bathroom off to the left.
Everything was going great. This was the first house we had lived in as a family, having lived in apartments up until then. It wasn't very long before strange things started happening in the house. I was usually the last person to go to bed and the first person to wake up. I would leave for work and notice things were sort of moved around a bit as if someone was picking them up and putting them back down but not quite in same place. I would walk into the room and see the rocking chair moving, which I attributed to the wind or other reasons. Having two young children,
I didn't really didn't think anything of this until later when things started to really go wild.

My youngest daughter developed this fear sleeping in her room. At first, we just thought it was because she never slept away from her sister before. I would pick her up when she was sound asleep, place her in her bed and wake the next morning finding her in my bed or on the couch in the front room. I asked her why she wouldn't sleep in her room she would only say that there was a monster in her room. I tried all the tricks parents would do to get her to stay in her room. But like clock work, she would fall asleep in her room, but would wake up move to any place other than her room. (Years later when talking to my daughter about this, she told me she remember some guy would come out of her closet and just stand over her and look at her). My oldest daughter refused to let her sister sleep with her because the monster would follow her into her room. It got so bad that the girls refused to sleep. We started leaving the hall light on so the girls would go to sleep and we could get some rest.

One night, I had to get up early and just had to get some sleep. I was lying in bed when I started hearing what I thought was music. I could not hear the actual notes or any words, but I could hear what I can only describe as the vibration one would get if the sound was coming through your walls. I lay in bed for what seem like hours, unable to sleep because of the music.

I finally got out of bed and went next door to ask my neighbor to please turn down the music. As soon as I got outside, all was quite! I thought to myself,
"Good, now I can get some sleep", only to have the music start again. A few weeks later my parents came and stayed the weekend. The next morning I asked my Dad how he had slept. He stated great, except for the radio that played most of the night. My wife and I laugh, saying it was our "ghost" and explained about the music I heard a few weeks earlier. My Dad stated, "Perhaps you have squirrels or other pest in your attic". We went up into the attic with flash lights, but could not find a nest of any sort. We eventually explained it away by saying maybe it was a vent.

While we explained away the "music", the nightly visit to my daughter seemed to increase. We gave up trying to make my youngest stay in her room and my oldest seem to need company and wanted her sister to remain.
This seemed to anger our "guest"! For soon he started to pay my wife and me a visit.
One particular night the kids were asleep and my wife and I were lying in bed when we both felt like some one was sitting on the end of the bed and decided to stand up. We both felt the corner rise, but again we just sort of explained it all away by saying perhaps the bed was just caught and had picked that time to release itself. A few nights later I was awaken by the most guttural moans you could imagine. Instead of a ghost, it was my wife. Before I could move to wake her, she sat right up and screamed that something had
grabbed both her legs and was trying to pull her out of the bed. We again tried to explain it away as a dream. Except this dream re-occurred shortly afterwards. This time we were lying down talking.
Again, she felt something grab her and start to pull her down. This time I thought I saw the covers move as if an arm had reach under the blanket. We started to notice the other things I had mention before, the rocking chair moving and the items that were moved.

The final straw, as they say, was when I finally got to see our visitor. With all that was going on, I was usually the last to fall asleep. I had gotten up once my wife was asleep and went into the front room to watch some television. It was about 1:00 a.m. when I went back to the bed room. I had just laid my head down on the pillow and was reaching to remove my glasses when I saw what I could only describe as a short man, very old looking, wearing a white sleeping shirt. He was standing in my doorway grinning ear to ear. While I could see his features and make out the smile, what was wrong was I could still see the wall behind him. I yelled, "Who are you? What do you want"? Out of the corner of my eye my wife stirred and I glance towards her. I thought I imagine his smile turn to a frown. He just didn't disappear as much as he just sort of faded away. I once heard people describe it like a movie projector that was turned off and as the light faded, so did the picture. Needless to say we moved shortly afterwards. To this day, both my daughters remember the nightly visitor and they will not sleep in a room with the closet doors open. I am still left with doubt as to how much really happen and how much was imagined.

mstoufflet7105@yahoo.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.hauntings.silversgateway.com

My personal story
Page 1 of 1