Gateway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gateway

Your Paranormal Site

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Visit from Mom

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 724
Registration date : 2008-01-26

A Visit from Mom Empty
PostSubject: A Visit from Mom   A Visit from Mom Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 9:22 pm

For those of you who have never experienced a visit from someone who has been close to you, trust me, it ain't for sissies. All the people out there who don't believe there is an alternative plane of existance haven't had to deal with it in their face. I am a logical, mentally balanced adult professional who until recently did not think that "it could ever happen to me". All of that changed when my Mom passed away last year. We were quite close, and her death was sudden and heartbreaking, but like everyone else, life goes on. My Mom was cremated and then came the question after she died of who gets the urn... My older sister took the urn and after a week told me "You come and get it, the damn thing gives me the creeps!". I took the urn home and found a nice little corner to put "Mom" in, and thought nothing of it; after all, I didn't fear her in life, why would I fear her in death?

Since the urn has entered my house, the room where "Mom" is placed is ice cold,

standing around the urn, in front of the urn or in the doorway necessitates a heavy sweater ( I might also like to add I live in Florida where it averages 80 degrees year round!). In addition, the urn has been known to relocate of its own volition, one night at the foot of my bed while my husband and I were sleeping. How did we know it got there? The covers on the bed were yanked very hard off of us, and when I turned on the light, there it was, scaring the wits out of me at the foot of the ol' Sealy posturpedic. My husband was sound asleep, so I knew it wasn't him, and I would have thought a burglar would have better things to do. There is also another phenomena - my mother had a habit in life of always stockpiling dollar bills - under flowerpots, in drawers, in decorative boxes. One day, out of curiousity, I peered inside the urn - there was ofcourse the usual big plastic bag of ashes, but more bizarre, there was a single dollar bill inside! I removed the dollar bill, thinking my spouse was yanking my chain. Not so, he denied the whole thing. The following week I was dusting and peeked in again, and pulled out, you guessed it, another dollar bill. My husband is not the type to joke about this type of thing as he has lived with ghosts in previous residences, so I know it isn't him. But it is sort of nice to know that even in death, Mom still thinks to leave me a dollar "just in case".
Back to top Go down
http://www.hauntings.silversgateway.com

A Visit from Mom
Page 1 of 1