Gateway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gateway

Your Paranormal Site

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Haunted Portland, Oregon and Investigating the Murder Sites of the Lust Killer and the Green River Killer

Go down 
AuthorMessage
PaulDaleRoberts

Number of posts : 1740
Registration date : 2009-05-17

Haunted Portland, Oregon and Investigating the Murder Sites of the Lust Killer and the Green River Killer Empty
PostSubject: Haunted Portland, Oregon and Investigating the Murder Sites of the Lust Killer and the Green River Killer   Haunted Portland, Oregon and Investigating the Murder Sites of the Lust Killer and the Green River Killer Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 12:28 am

Haunted Portland, Oregon and Investigating The Murder Sites of The Lust Killer and the Green River Killer
By Judy Raderchak - Senior Lead Investigator
Paul Dale Roberts - HPI General Manager
www.hpiparanormal.net

HPI was planning a trip to Haunted Las Vegas to check out this tour:
http://www.hauntedvegastours.com/

This Haunted Las Vegas tour, seems like a lot of fun, but with HPI we sometimes make changes and this time we decided to change it up a bit, instead of going South, towards the hot Nevada desert (we did this already with our trip to Area 51)...we decided to go to colder elements, heading for the North - Portland, Oregon to be exact.

I have been to Las Vegas and I had a blast in Vegas and always remembered..."what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas". But, what if we go to Portland...would that same advice work? What happens in Portland, stays in Portland? Well, who knows...we can only find out and I know it will be adventurous!

I will be renting a car and I will be bringing 4 investigators with me. Right now, I have Judy Raderchak and Regina Tellez riding with me. Any HPI investigators that wish to tag along with us, please bring snacks, lots of snacks. Also, be ready to pay your driver gas money, if you are carpooling.

WHEN ARE WE LEAVING?
January 15, 2011, Sunday at 8:00am from my home:
5606 Moonlight Way, Elk Grove, CA
It will take us 10 Hours and 21 Minutes to Arrive in Portland, Oregon

WHEN ARRIVING:
January 15, 2011 Monday at roughly 6pm

WHEN LEAVING PORTLAND?
January 18, 2011 Wednesday

WHERE CAN WE STAY?
How about the haunted Legendary White Eagle?? All of the information is here:
http://www.mcmenamins.com/469-white-eagle-saloon-home

JUDY RADERCHAK SAYS:
I am waiting for a response from Portland walking tours- contacted about price of tours, hours etc.
Portland Oregon Paranormal Society- Great paranormal team in Portland to see if they can show us around haunted areas.
http://paranormalpdx.wordpress.com/ check out their page !

I talked to Chuck the manager at the White Eagle Saloon and Hotel / Also known as McMenamins and it is haunted, he said the rooms go for around $50 so we can get 2 rooms. There's a bar too!!! So we can get tipsy and do an investigation in the same night! He said if we get two rooms he'll hook us up but we should get them reserved asap!
He sounded really nice. It is a shared bathroom like at Georgetown.
Here is there info
836 N Russell St
Portland, OR 97227
Neighborhoods: North Portland, Eliot
Mon-Thu 11 am - 1 am
Fri-Sat 11 am - 2:30 am
Sun 4 pm - 11 pm

Built beneath the immense Fremont Bridge in a style that was common in the year of 1899, this hotel stands as a popular location for leisure, as well as spiritual activity. While a number of popular figures have frequented this popular hotel, many of those that are interested in the paranormal have been naturally attracted to this location. Here, I will share some of the spooky tales from the most haunted hotel in Portland, The White Eagle Pub – where you can get more than a drink and a place to stay!

The Haunting Tales

The first haunting tale surrounds the owners of the haunted hotel. They were working in the area that is upstairs immediately after they made the purchase. They decided to rest and have a bite to eat, and sat down in the upstairs hall. Nearly immediately, all of the doors in the hall opened. I am not talking slightly, either, they slammed open! It was then that they heard the frightening cry of a woman coming from the room at their very opposite end of the hall. Immediately, the two owners got out of dodge. Shortly thereafter, they locked the access to the upstairs area, never to let anyone else up there.

There have been many visitors, and even the current owners, have heard the sounds of crying, people walking, and various other sounds. These are most common near the area where the stage is, but these individuals can tell that the sounds are coming from the upper level of The White Eagle Pub. Many people have wanted to visit the top floor, but the owner insists that he will not allow anyone in the area – not only due to the fact that it can make for a very frightening experience, but for the fact that he strongly feels as if someone may become injured in one way or another based on the simple fact that the spirits seem to be quite powerful, and appear as if they want to be left alone.

It is believed that there is a spirit that walks on the main floor, and visits the basement area quite frequently. This spirit has been deemed with the name of “Barney”. It is unknown as to whether this is a residual haunting, or an intelligent haunting, but the presence of this apparition is apparent regardless of the type of haunting he is. He does seem to be benevolent, and does not seem to do more than catching guests off guard and stir their emotions up a little bit.

Conclusion

If you are in the mood to experience some true fright, you may want to visit the most haunted hotel in Portland, Oregon, The White Eagle Pub – where you are served more than just fresh brew!

836 North Russell St.
Portland, Oregon
(503) 282-6810

According to Chantal Apodaca, another area to investigate is the Witche's Castle in Portland, Oregon, see a YouTube video of this area:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTKuF7DHjyo

JERRY BRUDOS, THE LUST KILLER:
HPI will be investigating the murder sites of serial killer Jerry Brudos, The Lust Killer. He terrorized Portland, Oregon from 1968 to 1969. This odd man with a shoe fetish and a practicioner of necroplhilia brought Portland to their knees during his two year killing spree. There should be a lot of negative residual haunting activity at these murder sites and we will be there to investigate those crime scenes!
More on Jerry Brudos here:
http://crime.about.com/od/serial/a/jerry_brudos.htm

GARY LEON RIDGWAY - GREEN RIVER KILLER
I guess, we better not forget Gary Leon Ridgway aka The Green River Killer, supposingly he killed 2 women in the Portland, Oregon corridor. So, we should look at his crime scenes too. That's killing two birds...I mean two serial killers in a row!

So, HPI members, if you are ready to do some investigating in Portland, let's do it this in January of 2012! Let Portland know that HPI is in the house!

OTHER HPI NEWS, UPDATES AND GOSSIP!

Judy Raderchak, Researcher Gears Up for Some Upcoming HPI Investigations!

Judy shares this information for our upcoming investigations:
Here is History of Maidu Indians, Sutter, and information about Voodoo

Roseville in the Pre-1850-

300,000 Native Americans inhabited California, those of seven linguistic families. One of these families was the Maidu Indians, whose territory was the Sacramento River. One important Maidu center was along the banks of Strap Ravine, east of downtown Roseville, which is now known as Johnson Ranch. Another Maidu town in the Roseville area centered along Dry Creek adjacent to the old Enwood gravel pit, which extended downstream to where the Lincoln Estates subdivision is now located. There is a total of 15 acres dedicated to the Maidu Indians which are now reserved as parks. Their most important structure was an earthen-covered ceremonial Roundhouse - a rounded structure 30 to 40 feet in diameter. The Roundhouse served as the spiritual and healing center for the community.

Others in Roseville

Miners flocked to California for the gold. One settler lived in the Dry Creek District was Martin A. Schellhouse. He raised stock and grew many vineyards in search of agricultural persuade. The Apple orchard vineyards were the first among the Oak trees that grew in western Placer County. Sic generations had born and died in the Roseville area. Around the same time Thomas S. Dudley came to town engaged in business in Sacramento he head to Dry creek to raise his hogs while ensure another 320 acres. In 1879 his family home burned to the ground shortly after his death.

Josiah Gould’s arrival in Roseville (1855), Tobias S. Grider acquired 640 acres of government owned land where Roseville’s railroad switching facilities would later be located. .Grider sold his properties to the California Central Railroad in 1859 when it was in the process of extending the iron rails from Folsom to Lincoln. The story continues…http://www.roseville.ca.us/visit_roseville/history_of_roseville/1850s.asp

Sutter

The HOME- Built in 1984

Sutter Founded by-John Augustus Sutter

Sutter County was one of the original counties of California.

Early 1800's, the area now known as Sutter County was inhabited by the native Maidu Indians. Spanish expeditions were in search of mission sites, and fur trappers lured by the abundant wildlife, traveled through Sutter 1841. The bulk of the territory was deeded by the Mexican Government to the County's namesake, John Sutter. Established in 1842, John Sutter's Hock Farm was the first large-scale agricultural settlement in Northern California, composed of grain, cattle, orchards and vineyards.

Information about Voodoo- (This is only brief information on the subject.)

-Vodouisants(as they are called) believe in a supreme being called Bondye,(meaning Supreme God) but also worship many lesser spirits, as the loa(Saints).

-Houngans (Male Vodou Priest) or Mambos (Female Vodou Priest) are usually people who were chosen by the dead ancestors and received the divination from the deities while he or she was possessed.

-A "bokor" is a sorcerer or magician who casts spells upon request both light and dark.

Different types of Voodoo

-Haitian Vodou-riginates in the Caribbean country of Haiti, ased upon a merging of the beliefs and practices of West African peoples

Haitian Vodou shares many traits with other faiths of the African diaspora, including the Louisiana Voodoo of New Orleans, Santería and Arará of Cuba, and Candomblé and Umbanda of Brazil. A Haitian Vodou temple is called an Hounfour. brought by enslaved West Africans, specifically from the Ewe, Fon, Mina, Kabaye, and Nago groups

New Orleans Voodoo, describes a set of underground religious practices which originated from the traditions of the African diaspora

Santería- is a system of beliefs that merges the Yoruba religion (which was brought to the New World by slaves imported to the Caribbean to work the sugar plantations) with Roman Catholic and Native Indian traditions

The English transliteration voodoo has acquired negative connotations, and is therefore often avoided by scholars and practitioners in preference to the Haitian form vodou.

There is much to learn when voodoo is involved. It is not something that you choose,it is something that chooses you and those who wish to practice it should do so under supervision of an elder.
Thank you,
Judy Raderchak

MEDIUM SHARON PUGH:
Medium Sharon Pugh served as Resident Medium for the famous Pennhurst in 2010 and has appeared on many Radio Shows including Blog Talk, 12Radio, CBS Radio and Haunted South Tv. Sharon is also an esteemed member of Shay Parkers Best American Psychics. Her strongest gift serving as a Light Worker is that of a Medium; someone that is able to speak to Ghosts and Spirits that are now on the other side and those stuck here in our Earthly plane not ready to cross over yet. To Book as Session with Medium Sharon Pugh, visit http://psychicmediumsharon.com/

http://psychicmediumsharon.com - atlanta psychic medium
www.psychicmediumsharon.com
atlanta psychic sharon pugh. authentic ghost whisperer as heard on cbs radio, blog talk radio and haunted south tv. Psychic Readings from best psychic medium sharon pugh. Book today to gain insight into your past, present and future. Psychic Medium Sharon Pugh provides phone, skpe and in person read...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejiq-qa7XlQ
Yuba City Investigation....John Shue

https://www.youtube.com/embed/uirl8GKj8a0
Not Ectoplasma/Yuba City - by Judy Shue

https://www.youtube.com/embed/SSerW1vTpVU
Ghost Tour 2 by Judy Raderchak

Paul Dale Roberts, HPI Paradoxical Sleuth
aka The Demon Warrior
Shannon McCabe's Haunted and Paranormal Investigations International
www.hpiparanormal.net
http://www.knighttalkradio.blogspot.com/
Managed by Staci Butler, HPI Twitter Account Manager/HPI Senior Lead Investigator
http://alldestiny.com/index.php/paul-dale-roberts/
My Bio Link at Ceri Clark's All Destiny Magazine!
Email: pauld5606@comcast.net
Cellular Paranormal Hotline Investigation or Advice: 916 203 7503
If you have a possible investigation call: 1-888-709-4HPI

Back to top Go down

Haunted Portland, Oregon and Investigating the Murder Sites of the Lust Killer and the Green River Killer
Page 1 of 1