Gateway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gateway

Your Paranormal Site

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Personal Experiences - Minnesota and Wisconsin

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 724
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Personal Experiences - Minnesota and Wisconsin Empty
PostSubject: Personal Experiences - Minnesota and Wisconsin   Personal Experiences - Minnesota and Wisconsin Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 11:47 pm

Minnesota: Forepaugh's Restaurant

In the early 1990's the company I worked for had a holiday party in a private room at Forepaugh's. The waiter, of course, told us about the supposed hauntings which made a nice story. After dinner our group was given a tour of the restaurant. We were coming down a staircase I stepped aside to allow a waitress to go upstairs past us - I didn't want to bump her as she had her hands full. My work partner, Steve, asked from behind me "what's the matter?" I said "What do you mean?" and he said "Why did you stop?" I looked at him like he was crazy, and said "I didn't want to bump into the waitress."
"What waitress?" he said.

Our waiter was waiting at the bottom of the stairs and heard our exchange. He asked me - standing rather close and not making a big deal of it - what she looked like and when I told him he gave me a funny look and said "That was Molly."

Wisconsin - The "Pink House" in River Falls
The pink house is actually written up in the book Haunted Wisconsin - but I had a personal experience there while attending UW-River Falls in the early 1980's. The pink house is located behind North Hall and in the spring of 2007 was still painted pink. I was dating a boy who lived there with a few roommates, and we were preparing for a keg party. I was in the kitchen washing pitchers and glasses when I felt him walk up behind me, put his arms around my waist, and kiss the left side of my neck. I smiled and leaned back into him but when I turned my head there was no one there.

Later that evening I was walking down the hall to the bathroom. The hallway ran straight from the living room, so anyone sitting there could watch down the hall. The bathroom was 2 steps UP from the hallway, about halfway down the hall. Well, I tripped. I didn't step up high enough to put my foot on the first stair and I fell forward. Then I stopped. Both of my feet were still on the floor (not up on the step), my hands were not touching anything, I was at an extreme angle forward, but I never hit the ground. People in the living room gasped to see me just stop in mid-air. I stopped, carefully picked up my foot (still at a real angle - like the scarecrow dancing in the wizard of Oz where you know there were wires holding him up), put it on the stair, stood myself back up vertical, and went up the stairs through the bathroom door.
Very fun website you haver at theshadowlands.net! I've enjoyed reading my way through!

bardicg
Back to top Go down
http://www.hauntings.silversgateway.com

Personal Experiences - Minnesota and Wisconsin
Page 1 of 1