Gateway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gateway

Your Paranormal Site

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Atkin-Colby Halls Illinois State University

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 724
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Atkin-Colby Halls Illinois State University Empty
PostSubject: Atkin-Colby Halls Illinois State University   Atkin-Colby Halls Illinois State University Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 2:26 am

For the past few days, I have been finishing a large job for Illinois State in four of their resident halls (Hamilton-Whitten / Atkin-Colby).

In all four buildings, I had to go from the 11th floor (elevator equipment/mechanical rooms) to the basement. The ISU building mechanic and I had no problems until we got to Atkin. We started on the 11th, and from the moment we walked through the doorway, we felt like we were being watched. It was easy to pass off....there were two of us. But we both became rather anxious and upset rather quickly. And then we started hearing noises. Sounds of half full paint cans being tipped over, doors opening, and low whispers. We tried to explain it off as sounds from outside, I could tell by the guys face that he really didn't buy it. I sure didn't! After about 20 minutes of this, we were done and made our way out. Walking out of that door felt as if a huge weight was lifted from my shoulders.

Until we got to the basement, everything went fine. 20 or 25 minutes per floor, joking around, no pressure, trying to make the best of being in a building with the A/C turned off and temps sitting around 100 plus humidity. And then we hit the basement. Every time I turned around, I felt as if the other guy was going to be walking out of a room either in front of me or behind me. But it would always be that he was no where close to me..or those rooms. This had never happened to me in the other three buildings, but in this one, the same anxious and angry feeling came over me. I tried to pass it off on being tired, or hungry, or dehydrated, but none were the case.

Well, it finally got the point where we had one room left down there. I purposely passed it over when I walked by it. Just walking by this room made me sick to my stomach and gave me a nasty chill. It was a balmy 91 degrees down in that basement, but I still had goose bumps. The building mechanic came over and mentioned that he had passed it by also and did not seem to enthused to open it for me. We were about to just fake the paperwork when a call came over the radio asking about it. So he opened the door and a terrible oder came rushing out. In the darkness, we saw a human figure shaped something move. It wasn't a shadow. This dark something "ate" the light that was poring in. I could see shadows and other dark objects, but the density of this obscured our vision. We reached in and flipped the light on. Incinerator/Trash room.

OK...that might explain the smell even though the only things that should be coming down the trash chute would be paper and other non-food stuffs. We could even explain the slight breeze off as coming through the trash chute even though the door to it was secured shut. But even we couldn't explain the cold. The same cold I've experienced in documented haunted places. For the entire minute and a half that we spent in that room, we both felt cold and sick to our stomachs. As we were leaving the room, without touching the light switched, the light bulbs (all 8 of them) died. And I was shutting the door behind me, thankful to be out of there, the last 4 inches of the door travel was forced shut. There is no door closer on that door.

Upon reaching the lobby, although I felt much better, I still couldn't shake that feeling. Even my co-worker noticed it thinking I was sick or dehydrated.There is something full of malice in that building. Maybe an old employee. I don't know. I sure wish I had my cameras with me though!!

Well...thanks for reading my tale. It gives a bit more credence to your index. Although I don't want to ever go back there, I have to in a few weeks. I will be bringing some gear with me. Hopefully and can catch something good....

By: cage771@insightbb.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.hauntings.silversgateway.com

Atkin-Colby Halls Illinois State University
Page 1 of 1