Gateway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gateway

Your Paranormal Site

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Strange

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 724
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Strange Empty
PostSubject: Strange   Strange Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 11:59 am

I grew up in a farm house (ca. 1920) that was an old renovated church in the delta of southeastern Arkansas. The first deed to the land was from 1868 and was held by a Union soldier, also a Cherokee Indian. I remember,
on several occasions, that we heard strange noises and other oddities such as stereos turning on by themselves. At one point we had an intercom system placed in the house that fed to the shop.

I would hang out in the shop with the intercom on in case someone knocked on the door. More times than once did I go to the house to confront either a family member or a friend only to find no one there. My friends and I would sneak around the house to try to catch whoever was making the noises in the house, but never saw a soul. The noises consisted of dishes clanging together, keys shuffling around, footsteps, etc. I just assumed there were
restless spirits in the old house, but I never felt an evil presence.

I was also witness to a column of mist or fog one night after a large storm rolled through the area. About a mile from the house, a friend and I were driving around looking at the devastation left by the violent storm, and we drove through the column on fog (it appeared to be a foot in diameter and higher than the headlights reached). We both instantly felt cold and were a little freaked out by the experience.

By: chiggi2@lsu.edu
Back to top Go down
http://www.hauntings.silversgateway.com

Strange
Page 1 of 1