Gateway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gateway

Your Paranormal Site

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Haunting in Elizabethtown PA

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 724
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Haunting in Elizabethtown PA Empty
PostSubject: Haunting in Elizabethtown PA   Haunting in Elizabethtown PA Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 2:01 pm

My name is Amy and I worked back in 1994-96 at a restaurant called the Black Bear Inn in Elizabethtown, PA that I believe is haunted. It was built in the late 1700's and is the 2nd oldest building in town. The current name is Flaver's Food & Spirits, 45 N. Market Street in Elizabethtown, PA 17022. (717) 361-2115. I have written authors and other websites in the hopes of having a story done or an investigation performed, but no luck yet.

At the time I worked there I attended Elizabethtown College(which has some haunted buildings itself!). I mainly worked till close at night, which is when most of the activity happened. I am very sensitive, I hear things and see things some other people do not. But I can honestly say, mostly all the people that worked there at the time, had some experience. The owner's wife was extremely afraid to be in there alone after close. At 9pm or so every night there would be loud banging underneath the bar, I felt heavy presences behind me, near me, heard footsteps upstairs when no one was up there. We saw a whole heavy tray of silverware flip over onto the floor as a dark shadow disappeared out of the kitchen. I was locked in the walk in freezer when the door had been carefully propped open. I has a glass fly right off the counter and smash into a million pcs onto the floor. The swinging doors to the kitchen flew open and closed with such force all by themselves.

The basement-the one section has no lights, I would run like hell out of there, it feels very heavy and scary down there. The other section has a well and a underground passageway big enough for a horse that leads to the oldest building in town across the street. People in town had commented they thought there was parties at night upstairs, sometimes they would see lights and shadows moving about in the window. I clearly heard children laughing, and went to investigate to find not one child in the whole place. In the ladies room, the light goes off by themselves and I have even heard some people have seen a face of a woman in the mirror. I could go on, but stories are too many!

I happened to re-visit the restaurant last summer and ate there, they have since renovated knocked down the one wall and added a deck outside, I am sure that must have stirred up something too. I still felt it as soon as I walked in there, I got the same chills, but I didn't want to ask the server about the place for fear she might think me crazy! It's might sound nuts, but it felt like whatever was there, something knew I was there before and I was back, I got a strong chill right outside the ladies room which would be hard to do since the kitchen is right there and normally is warm. I felt like something was watching me as I left.

It is such a great old building, I really hope that it makes a website or book, I would love to hear or see what is found thru investigation. I only hope whoever owns it now would cooperate! Thanks so much for listening, if you need any further info , I would be more than happy to talk to you about it.

By: craze4fashion@yahoo.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.hauntings.silversgateway.com

Haunting in Elizabethtown PA
Page 1 of 1