Gateway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gateway

Your Paranormal Site

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

King's Tavern

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 724
Registration date : 2008-01-26

King's Tavern Empty
PostSubject: King's Tavern   King's Tavern Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 8:17 am

My family and I ate dinner at the King's Tavern resturant last night and something strange happened to my daughter Brandi who is 8. We had to pick my husband up at the airport in Shrevepor LA the night before this and stayed the night in Monroe LA. On the way home to Eupora MS we decided to spend the day in Natchez sightseeing. My husband mentioned he had never been to Natchez and always wanted to see it, so began the day of sightseeing in Natchez.

We passed the King's Tavern and I told my husband I had seen it on television as being haunted. He asked if we wanted to eat there for dinner later when we were done sightseeing and we all said yes except for Brandi. She was not thrilled about it at all. In our family majority rules so we went to dinner later that night about six o'clock. We assured Brandi that it was not a place where people would be jumping out to scare her. She said she would go, but if someone jumped out she was going to sit in the car.

When we got there the lady greeted us by saying that this was an authentic haunted resturant and I looked at
Brandi just waiting for her to run back out the door! She didn't. The lady then told us that a lady named Madiline was killed there and haunted the place along with a few other ghost. On the wall in the front as you walk in is a
picture of Madiline. She is a pretty young girl, but in the picture her eyes are very strange to look at. We sat down and we were given some things to read about the place.

It is a very nice place inside and Brandi said she liked the way it looked inside. We we sitting at a table that is in the middle of the resturant and was positioned up against a wide thick brick pillar. The back of Brandi's chair was up against the pillar kind of at an angle so that her back was almost up against it. We were told that we could at anytime go upstairs and check out the second and third floor. Sightings of different things have been seen upstairs as well as by the fireplace where we were eating.

King's Tavern was dated back before 1789. Madiline was the mistress of the owner and his wife found out and had her killed and stuck her body in the fireplace and burned it. When they renovated the place in 1930 3 sets of skeletal remains were found. One of them a young female and two males. So anyway we're eating and of course Dustin my 10 year old wanted to go up asap. We told him after dinner we would. Well dinner was great even the kids enjoyed thiers which was shocking because unless it's fast food they don't really like to eat out. My husband, Dustin and Brandi went upstairs and I waited until they came back to go up. Brandi didn't want to go back up with me, but Dustin did. I got as far as the second floor and told Dustin go get your dad to go up with me, he laughed at me and went to get my husband. Well he never came up. I waited and finally another person came up and I went upstairs. WOW! I stayed a minute and went back down.

I asked my husband why he didn't come up and he said Brandi wouldn't let him. I asked Brandi why and she said she didn't want to sit downstairs by herself because someone kept knocking on her chair. I looked at
my husband and told him he needed to quit trying to scare her. He said he didn't. I asked Brandi where they were knocking on the chair and she said the back of it. She asked me if I could hear it and I looked and my husband and he said I swear I did not touch here chair. We were waiting for our check and Brandi said mama did you hear that and I said no what? She said someone knocked on my chair again. There was no way my husband could have done it
without me seeing him do it. We were seated in the middle of the place with an isle to the left and right of us with Brandi's chair backed up almost to the brick pillar.

Oh yeah they had lit the fireplace and right after that is when Brandi heard someone knocking on her chair. Now, I know we were all excited about going here to eat, but Brandi was not. She is after all only 8. She didn't think anything of the knocking other than wondering why we couldn't hear it. It didn't occur to her it could be something else, so we kind of just said maybe the waitress did it. Unless that waitress was 2 inches wide and walked in between me and Brandi there was no way a waitress did it, of course Brandi accepted this excuse and we left. I am not sure what was knocking on the back on Brandi's chair, but my skeptical husband is not so much a skeptic anymore!

By: denley6@bellsouth.net
Back to top Go down
http://www.hauntings.silversgateway.com

King's Tavern
Page 1 of 1