Gateway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gateway

Your Paranormal Site

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Addition to "The Windsor Haunting"

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 724
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Addition to "The Windsor Haunting" Empty
PostSubject: Addition to "The Windsor Haunting"   Addition to "The Windsor Haunting" Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 8:53 am

05/11/2007

I am writing this as a footnote to my previous story “ The Windsor Haunting”.

Approximately ten months ago my husband stared a new job out of town. He lived and worked away from home for five months.

Now, as I previously stated, I always feel quite at ease here at home and so the incident I am about to relate came as quite a surprise. However, it did not “scare” me as much as I would have thought.

We had gotten up early the morning my husband left. It was about 10AM when he got on his way. I've never been much of a morning person and so, as I didn't have anything pressing to keep me up I decided to take a nap. My bedroom is rather bright, and so I choose to nap in the basement. It is almost pitch black down there and very comfortable. My husband had it set up that way when he worked nights.

Well, I was lying there in the dark and heard to my amazement the faint yet unmistakable strum of a guitar! I kept my cool and tried to rationalize how this was possible. I remembered that there was indeed a guitar resting against a corner wall. My brother had given it to my husband several years ago. My husband didn't play but even so it was a source of entertainment to try for the couple of times he picked it up. It had been in that corner for a long time since. Anyway, back to the incident. I finally decided lying there to turn on the light to gather my bearings. Several minutes later I thought, “this is silly,” I turned the light out and sure enough, several seconds later, I heard the strum once again! I swore and jumped out of the bed more annoyed at the disturbance of my nap then scared.

I am beginning to accept the fact that we are probably not alone here. Seemingly, there is no malice.

My brother, who gave my husband the guitar passed away in August. His loving and heartbroken wife claims he has visited her. He was a firm believer in the afterlife and I'm sure if there were a way to come back, he would. They say that as we get older we become more childlike. I believe that is true. We become more aware and accepting of the reality that is as fascinating as it is incredible!

By: jan.ron@cogeco.ca
Back to top Go down
http://www.hauntings.silversgateway.com

Addition to "The Windsor Haunting"
Page 1 of 1