Gateway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gateway

Your Paranormal Site

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Manchester Haunting

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 724
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Manchester Haunting Empty
PostSubject: Manchester Haunting   Manchester Haunting Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 11:12 pm

In a duplex-style apartment home we lived in Manchester, NH, there was an old woman's ghost who haunted the upstairs apartment. She had hung herself 10 years prior to us moving in, and in the attic, all her possessions remain untouched. On one of the rafters, a rope, tied and cut, still remains--presumably from her hanging. When we first moved in, the previous tenants had left all their furnishings and carpets (they were in a hurry to leave). My father asked me to remove a carpet in front of our apartment door, and underneath it was a dried spot of blood about ten inches in diameter.

The whole house is dark and gives you an eerie feeling, like you're never alone. The whole family slept in the living room, because we couldnt bear to split up at night. The tenants downstairs would tell us that they heard someone walking heavily with a cane in our apartment when we were gone during the day. The old woman did in fact have a cane, and several of them were still left hanging in the attic. One morning, an intense moaning came from the kitchen. Not knowing what to do, I hesitantly approached the entrance, and the moaning became louder and more fierce with every step I took.

When I finally crossed the threshold, the moaning was right above my head. It then ended abruptly, and I was drained of all energy and collapsed on the floor. I slept for the rest of the day.
Several other smaller hauntings happened: the water in the kitchen sink would turn on in the middle of the night when everyone was in their rooms; my younger sister would wake up with scratches all over her face; things would be moved around after you just put them down, but no one else would be home; and of course, seeing tall white figures out of the corner of your eye. We were eager to leave the house, but sometimes we drive past the old building for a thrill. The mere sight of the place will chill you to the bone.

By: iamthejackal628@netscape.net
Back to top Go down
http://www.hauntings.silversgateway.com

Manchester Haunting
Page 1 of 1