Gateway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gateway

Your Paranormal Site

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Michigan Haunts

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 724
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Michigan Haunts Empty
PostSubject: Michigan Haunts   Michigan Haunts Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 12:21 am

I know of several places in Oxford, Michigan that are hauted, or give off that "watched" and "unwanted" feeling.
One such place is the house where I grew up... It was a rather large house, On Tanview drive near Davis Lake, Tan Lake, and Long Lake.

As a small child, I had terrible night trauma's, and ocassionally my mother would see looming shadowy figures over my crib as she entered the room, only to quickly vanish as she rushed in to protect me.

Noises of the microwave door slamming shut were often heard at night, as well as the microwave actually turning on. Once, my father heard the sound of breaking glass, and the microwave turning on. He thought that it was someone breaking into the house. He rushed downstairs to catch the intruder, only to find that no glass had been broken, and a faint figure of a small girl peeking around the corner. Footsteps, baning on pipes, and the removal of clothing from drawers was also witnessed.

On one ocassion, my Aunt and my father's good friend were visiting, and my mother was giving them a tour of the house. After the tour was finished, my aunt asked, "Where were those other three people that went up with us?" My mother was baffled by her question. They were the only ones in the house at the time.

The oddest of the occurances was that of the rocking chair. My mother had an antique rocking chair that she kept in the corner of the living room. One day, the rocking chair began to slowly rock, as if a breeze had entered the room. As time went on, the rocking sped up, as if someone was sitting in it. It rocked like this for five minutes, until it abruptly stopped. My mother and father examined the room and the house for any drafts, or any open doors, seeing as it was summer. The AC hadn't been running, and no draft was ever found.
I have a few other stories, but I believe I will save them for another email

By: kanniej@comcast.net
Back to top Go down
http://www.hauntings.silversgateway.com

Michigan Haunts
Page 1 of 1