Gateway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gateway

Your Paranormal Site

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Flood Town

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 724
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Flood Town Empty
PostSubject: Flood Town   Flood Town Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 12:21 pm

Back when the St. Francis dam broke, the flood waters passed straight through the small town of Bardsdale (about 25 minutes east of Ventura) and from what I know, most of the town was drowned as it was right in the path of the flood. Its almost all orchard now, with maybe a hundred houses spread around, but there are countless ghost stories involving the church and several of the houses and roads. I myself have come across a couple of them. The first being a huge figure charging through the trees toward our car.

I didnt get a good look at it, but my friend who was in the car with me swears that it had red eyes. I asked around, and have found that its supposedly a demon that roams the area, though im not so quick to buy the demon bit, something was certainly coming at us. I hauled ass out of there. My second encounter was nowhere near as sinister. Another friend and I had pulled up at an intersection, and in stopping, I noticed movement to my left. I turned to see a woman in all black with a shining white face and hands. I got no feeling of dread or horror from her, but an overwhelming sadness.

I watched her until she came within a few feet of the car before I lost my nerve and took off. There are hundreds
more stories about Fillmore, Piru, Bardsdale and the surrounding areas. Might be worth checking out sometime, though- and I know this sounds hokey- I would not recommend touring Bardsdale on foot at night. Its nice enough during the day, but at night there's just too much bad energy, especially during a new moon.

By: losgrappler@yahoo.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.hauntings.silversgateway.com

Flood Town
Page 1 of 1