Gateway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gateway

Your Paranormal Site

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Conneaut Lake Hotel

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 724
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Conneaut Lake Hotel Empty
PostSubject: Conneaut Lake Hotel   Conneaut Lake Hotel Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 4:26 pm

My husband, 3 year old son (Bret) and I visited the hotel and park on Memorial Day weekend of this year. When my son and I entered the hotel, I approached the front desk. My son wanted to go in the common room opposite the front desk. I peaked in the told my son it was empty, he could go in, but be careful. I turned back to the desk clerk to check in and my son came back out of the room and said "Mommy, I see someone in here." I looked in the room again and said again that it was empty, to go ahead and play in that room.

When I turned back to the desk clerk she looked stricken and said that that room was haunted as well as the
third floor. She said a man shows up in your photos sometimes. I went in and took a picture of my son in front of the fireplace. When I got the photos develed, that picture (as well as the next picture that someone took for me of my son and me in that room) were so blurry it you can't distinguish our features.

The rest of the roll of film is fine. Later that night my son and I went "exploring" on the third floor. We took my camera and a flashlight (even thought there was lighting in the hallways). When we approached the room which I believed was to be haunted (it was unmarked with a door number), I checked the door to see if it was unlocked. Unfortunately, it was locked. My son and I then walked past the room and then the flashlight went out. I turned quickly and started to take a picture down the hall. I was drawn back to the door to take a picture, but then decided to take a shot of the long hallway with the doorway in the photo in the foreground to the right.

That was the last of my film so my son and I headed down the hall to leave. I became disoriented and could not find the stairs down. I told my son that mommy was lost and he calmly took my hand and said he would get us "outta here". He lead me right to the stairs (even though we had the turn several times to get there). The photo that I took of the hallway has (I believe) a dark figure standing by the door to the right and it is even blocking the chairrail for a part. The first lighting fixture on the right in the photo is blocked and defused and it looks like a figure standing with a veil. I do not scan well, but will try to send the photos soon.

By: tleydig@mmlpc.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.hauntings.silversgateway.com

Conneaut Lake Hotel
Page 1 of 1