Gateway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gateway

Your Paranormal Site

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Conneaut Lake Hotel

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 724
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Conneaut Lake Hotel Empty
PostSubject: Conneaut Lake Hotel   Conneaut Lake Hotel Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 4:35 pm

Conneaut Lake Hotel MemorialDayweekend

Conneaut Lake Hotel

I was at the Hotel Conneaut - Memorial Day weekend (5/24-26/02). I walked in the front door and approached the check-in desk. My three year old son went into the room behind me which is a common room with a fireplace. I peeked in the room to make sure it was empty and that there was nothing breakable or harmful for my son. I told my son he could stay in the room, but be careful. I turned to the desk clerk to begin checking in. My son then pulled my pant leg and pointed into the room and said "I see somebody in there." I then peeked in the room again and it was still empty. When I turned to the desk clerk, she looked stricken and then she told me that sometimes a man will show up in photographs taken of the room when in fact no one was there. Did my son see that man? I think so. I took a picture of my son in that room and then later that evening I asked someone to take a picture of myself and my son in that same room. The photos are very distorted.

Also, later that night (the Hotel had only 10 rooms or so rented out that night), my son and I "explored" the halls and upper floors with a flashlight. Of course I didn't tell my son what we were really doing - looking for a ghost. When we passed the room that is supposed to be haunted on the third floor, my flashlight went out. It hasn't worked right since. I quickly took a picture. I then became disoriented with the connecting hallways and couldn't find the stairs down. Of course, my son calmly led me to safety. What a trooper.

I had the photos developed. The photos from the front room are so blurred you can hardly tell what is in the picture. The photo from the hallway is clear except for a blur on the side of the hallway that looks like a figure standing there - really! It gives me the creeps to look at it. (The figure I see is in the right foreground “blocking” a lighting fixture with its head and giving it a haloed or veiled look). I gave the original photos to the Hotel staff and one of the girls published a book about the ghosts and events of the Hotel, including my photos and other photos and stories donated by other guests over the years.

My son and I also have experienced the “ghost” while sitting in the front sitting/play room. We were sitting and playing cards next to a Christmas tree which is on display all year. Suddenly, one ornament began to sway noticeably. My son just looked at It and said, “Oh, there’s Elizabeth.” (Elizabeth is the name of one of the “ghosts” of the Hotel who supposedly was a bride who died on her wedding night.)

I enjoyed our "experiences" greatly at the Hotel.
Teena from Pittsburgh, PA
Back to top Go down
http://www.hauntings.silversgateway.com

Conneaut Lake Hotel
Page 1 of 1