Gateway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gateway

Your Paranormal Site

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Interview with Barb Powell, Psychic Paranormal Investigator

Go down 
AuthorMessage
PaulDaleRoberts

Number of posts : 1740
Registration date : 2009-05-17

Interview with Barb Powell, Psychic Paranormal Investigator Empty
PostSubject: Interview with Barb Powell, Psychic Paranormal Investigator   Interview with Barb Powell, Psychic Paranormal Investigator Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 1:22 am

By Paul Dale Roberts, HPI General Manager / www.hpiparanormal.net – President of Jazma Online! www.jazmaonline.com

Question: Barb, please tell us something about your life. Your family, schools you may attended, etc.

I am a professional psychic medium. It's not something I willingly say when asked what I do for a living for obvious reasons. I'm not ashamed of what I do, but most people do not understand the job that I do. Some get uneasy and want to know if I 'see' anything for them when all I want to do is get my hair cut or finish my facial! So I keep my work private, it's beginning to get a little harder to keep this area of my life private as more and more people are hearing who I am.

I am a married mother of three girls under the age of 10. My youngest being 2 years old. My husband is a southern baptist minister who now does does computer graphics and websites by trade. We met while I was doing a private reading for him. To make a long interesting story short, his deceased grandmother showed me her wedding bands in the palm of her hand and told me that I would marry her grandson. Two years later we were married and I now wear his grandmothers wedding bands.

Question: When did you first learn you were a psychic?

I remember many paranormal experiences as a child. Speaking and seeing my deceased grandfather, seeing people who have passed over and knowing what would happen before it did. It wasn't a daily occurance for me and I didn't know what 'it' was called when I was younger. As an adult I began to understand.

Question: What type of psychic ability do you have?

There are many skills that I have including but not limited to claircognizant - clear thinking, clairvoyant - clear seeing, clairaudient - clear hearing, clairsentient - clear feeling or sensing and clairgustant - clear smelling/tasting. I do many types of readings and offer many services. I've been called out to crime scenes and animal mutilations and missing person cases, I do corporate business readings, past life readings and many media events.

Question: Stan Lee’s creation Spider-Man was told: “With great power, comes great responsibility.” Do you follow this philosophy?

I love this saying and yes I do try to follow this philosophy. I am human with feelings and emotions so there are times when I do not want to do this type of work, just like anyone feels about their job. There are pressures of people who do not like you for what you do or what you may stand for. I try to live by the idea that I will live my life the best way I can and give what I can. This is my gift, we all have gifts...it's what we chose to do with them that matters!
I would not want to give anyone false hope or make them afraid so I do teach while explaining what it is I'm hearing and seeing for them. What they do with the information I give it entirely up to them.

Question: How have you helped people, can you give us some examples?

I like to think I've helped people. I've had many clients over my years of working as a psychic medium. I've had clients who have lost parents, friends and children. I've been told that I've gave them the sense of life continuing and the comfort of knowing they will meet again and that their loved ones are not suffering, cold or lonely and are still being taken care of. That they still can 'visit' with them in their thoughts and dreams. I've had clients who have come to me with huge decisions in their lives and are wanting guidance and direction. I do not make their choices for them but give them the different paths so they can chose for themselves. I've been at crime scenes where I have given clues to the thought patterns of both the living and deceased.

Question: Have you ever assisted the police?

In some cases where I am called yes I have assistant police and private detectives, sometimes on the request of families. I have never called the police on my own due to something I heard about or read about.

I will never say I've solved a case because that's not my job, but I do hope to give clues and direction to the police. When contacted, I request that my services be private as I do not want to be known as a psychic detective.

Question: How did you get into paranormal investigating?

I got into paranormal investigating because of an interest in the area, plus I've been asked by families and businesses who wanted my services to find out what could be going on. It's not always paranormal activity though that causes noises and happenings.

Question: It appears we have a mutual friend. Belinda Bentley. How did you meet her?

Me and Belinda Bentley have the same publicist, Consious Publicity. We also met in person for a celebrity charity event in Los Angeles.

Question: I investigate all things paranormal. I recently investigated Mothman and the Batsquatch with Shannon ‘Ms. Macabre’ McCabe for History Channel’s Monster Quest. Would your psychic abilities help Shannon and me locate a monster like Batsquatch? Just curious.

I can't guarantee that my abilities will help solve any case, paranormal or otherwise but I can guarantee that it would be humerous! I'm brutely honest and have no problem with telling someone the information I get, whether they like it or not. I'm not here to amuse or agree with anyone or anything. I'm here to give the information I hear, see and feel regardless. I do my readings in a very blunt, non emotional and non judgemental way. I believe that is what helps me to do my job well.

Question: I utilize psychics during my UFO scouting missions. Some Ufologists believe that extraterrestrials would telepathically communicate with psychics. Do you believe this is possible?

I believe anything is possible, however, at this time in my life at the age of 36 I can honestly say I have received nothing telepathically from UFO's or extraterrestrials. But I have many years of life left, I can't say that I never will. On many of the paranormal cases I have worked, there are things that I have felt and seen that even I can not explain.

When I sit down with clients or with a criminal case file I get my information from Spiritual Guides, deceased people & deceased animals while using most of the skills I have.

Question: Are shows like Ghost Whisperer accurate?

Shows such as Ghost Whisperer and Medium are not exactly accurate. It is a TV show after all, meant to entertain while keeping the interest of those watching. There are some things that are fairly accurate, but most are not. If spirits can use knives and other such objects to throw around I'm hoping they would use it for more meaninful uses such as stopping wars and crimes. Spirit can only do so much, they have their reality and we have ours.

Question: How can someone contact you?

People can contact me by my website. Emailing or phoning. I reside in Saskatchewan Canada but I do travel if requested to. I have been to New York, Los Angeles and Florida. I have performed readings and criminal cases by telephone all over the world as far as Australia, England and across USA and Canada. My long term goals is to do more media print and television.

Question: What is your website address?

www.barb-powell.com, don't forget the hyphen! Better yet just google my name Barb Powell, I'm everywhere.

Question: What conventions, functions you might be attending?

That depends on who contacts me and books me! I have done a few celebrity events as a reader and speaker and a few charity events. I am always open to new possibilities and will consider most everything. I have never done expos, psychic fairs or 1-800 number companies. Not that there is anything wrong with that but it's not for me and I've never needed to do those things.

Question: Tell us times you have appeared on television.

I have done a lot of television appearances mostly in my home province of Saskatchewan, including news spots and documentaries. I'm hoping to expand that portfolio in time.

Question: What are your hobbies and recreational activities?

I am a conventional mom with an unconventional job. I spend my free time with my family and friends.

Question: What movies, books, TV shows do you like?

I am a reality televison addict! But I do enjoy watching Ghost Whisperer, Medium, House and other such shows. I enjoy mostly true life movies and books.

Question: Since I am in the comic book business, would you ever consider having a comic book made about you?

Now that would be interesting, why not! Being a comic book personality could be rather complimentary. Who wouldn't want to be encased forever in a comic book!

Question: Have you read any comic books and if you have, what were they? You do realize that many superheroes have psychic abilities. Like Professor Charles Francis Xavier of the X-Men.

Yes I do realize superheroes have psychic abilities, I don't consider myself a superhero at all....unless you consider birthing three children as being a superhero! I only read comic books when I was younger and it pains me to say it was the Archie comics, I'm rather boring.

Question: Shannon and I utilize dogs that we think may be psychic on our investigations, you can see an article we did in Dog’s Today Magazine (Oct 2009 Issue). Do you believe dogs can be psychic?

Animals are terribly sensitive. I can not put the label of being psychic on them, but animals especially dogs are very intuitive and sensitive beings. There is much more animals can teach us about living.

Question: This ends the interview. Thank you very much. Are there any words of wisdom for your fans?

Yes I would love to give some words of wisdom to those who may be reading this. First of all I believe that people do not realize how powerful they are. We are so engrossed in the negative of things, how we can not do this or that. We tend to focus on labels such as jobs, relationships and possessions. If we could just change one of those labels that my life would be complete and I can be finally happy. We must stop agonizing about such things and begin to tap into our own inner soul of knowing that we are POWERFUL. Think about this for a moment, each of us ourselves can change the ending of our own personal stories just by making a simple choice or decision. Now that's power! You can be anything you want to be regardless of age, possessions, what we look like, where we live, etc. But first you must act and do not make things harder than what they have to be. Most of us know what we need to do, but knowing it and doing it are two different things. Take action!
Barb Powell
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1