Gateway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gateway

Your Paranormal Site

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Victoria Solis, Artist

Go down 
AuthorMessage
PaulDaleRoberts

Number of posts : 1744
Registration date : 2009-05-17

Victoria Solis, Artist Empty
PostSubject: Victoria Solis, Artist   Victoria Solis, Artist Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 6:36 am

Interview with Victoria Solis, Artist
Interviewed by Paul Dale Roberts, HPI Owner
Haunted and Paranormal Investigations International
Paranormal Hotline: 916 203 7503 - 4 Investigation/Advice
Email: pauld5606@comcast.net

Pictures of Victoria's artwork:
https://s970.photobucket.com/albums/ae185/PaulDaleRoberts55/2ndSaturdayJuly10-2010/VictoriaSolis/
Special Note: I created 2 YouTube videos of Victoria talking and somehow they were deleted. In the near future I will do another YouTube video of Victoria and place into a future article. My sincere apologies.

Interview Date: 2/8/2013
Time of Interview: 1800 Hours.
Location of Interview: Pocket Bistro /6401 Riverside Blvd, Sacramento, CA (where we dined on a Bistro Burger w/fries, Risotto Cake, Portobello Mushroom on mashed potatoes. If you have never been to the Pocket Bistro, I highly recommend this restaurant. Pocket Bistro has excellent food, fast service and exceptional customer service from the employees who know how to be personable, attentive, courteous and keep a smile on their faces. Pocket Bistro serves as the personal gallery of Victoria Solis, her paintings are placed on every wall of this incredible establishment.

Question: Before we get into the meat of this interview, tell the readers something personal about yourself.

Answer: I love any creative aspect, I love painting on things, such as glass, clay pots, etc. I love old movies, I enjoy metaphysical reading. Just to let you know, I studied hypnosis, I am a certified hypnotist. I love books on the spirit and the soul. My favorite author is Dr. Michael Newton, he has written about past life regression and inspired me to study hypnosis. I am a big Anne Rice fan, I have nearly read everything she wrote. My favorite TV shows are Survivor and Dexter. I moved from Los Angeles to Sacramento about 6 years ago. I love Sacramento. Art is my escapism and it’s my exploration.

Question: How did you get into the field of art?

Answer: My father was an artist, he was a draftsman. I used to watch him draw, he had rulers and pencils. When he drew, he was more into character drawings. I started drawing at the age of 12. I learned how to use oils and various paints. I also worked with acrylics. I prefer Golden One paint.

Question: Are you successful in selling your artwork?

Answer: I am successful with my artwork, I have sold originals, I was hired to pain for businesses in their lobbies. I was commissioned to do a piece in 2010 for a law office in Sacramento. I did graphic art for them too. I have created logos and designs. For a long time I had no intention of selling my artwork, but then I started having people that came up to me and were interested in purchasing my artwork and the selling began!

Question: What happened in Los Angeles?

Answer: I was invited to the LA Art Mart, a 12 story building that had an incredible art show and gallery. I never did a art show before, ever in my life and I had no idea on how to price my art. Yes, this was my first art gallery show. Then a lady came up to me and wanted a piece of my art for her own gallery. You can say I went undercover and asked about my own artwork and how much a piece of this artwork would cost. They were praising my piece of art at $2500.00, I was flabbergasted!

Artists would come up to me and would say: “I wish I could paint like that.” I find other artists attracted to my artwork.

Question: If something spectacular would occur with your artwork, what would that spectacular be? Would you like to see your artwork in a prestigious publication like Time Magazine?

Answer: Oh yes, I would love to see my artwork in Time Magazine or any other publication for that matter. I want to be marketed, I would love to see my artwork on wine labels or business cards. I want to also help others find their creative spot.

Question: How much are your pieces of artwork? How much do they run from the lowest price to the highest price?

Answer: My prints online can go up to $25.00. Originals go anywhere from $350.00 to $5,000.00.

Question: How can our readers get a hold of you?

Answer: They can email me at: Victoria@pinkdove.com
They can also go to my website at: PinkDove.com – mind you it’s still under construction.

Question: Anything else you would like to tell us?

Answer: I did shows at galleries in Burbank, one place was called the Hyena. I love ‘drips’, you cannot control this kind of artwork, all you can do is watch them and see where they will go! Remember, I can be commissioned! Also, I am looking to rent out some of my artwork for TV shows or movies!

Question: Any words of wisdom for our readers?

Answer: Discover your authenticity as a human being. Change the world, by changing ourselves.

Back to top Go down

Victoria Solis, Artist
Page 1 of 1