Gateway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gateway

Your Paranormal Site

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

American Ghost Stories (Book Review)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
PaulDaleRoberts

Number of posts : 1740
Registration date : 2009-05-17

American Ghost Stories (Book Review) Empty
PostSubject: American Ghost Stories (Book Review)    American Ghost Stories (Book Review) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2023 6:37 am

Name: American Ghost Stories (Book Review)
True Tales from All 50 States
Author: Michael A. Kozlowski
Forward by: Richard Estep
Publisher: www.visibleinkpress.com
Price: $19.95
Overviewed by Paul Dale Roberts, HPI's Esoteric Detective, Halo Paranormal Investigations
Comments: Imagine this, you are a ghost hunter and you saved up your savings, so you can travel to all 50 states. Your goal is to conduct a paranormal investigation in every state, and you need a good guidebook, that has a listing of all 50 states. With this guidebook it also directs you to various haunted sites in each state to investigate high strangeness. That guidebook would be "American Ghost Stories by Michael A. Kozlowski"! Let me tell you some of the haunts listed in this fabulous book! In the introduction, the author explains that funeral rites go as far back as 60,000 BC and the acceptance of an afterlife most likely goes back that far or even further. The first state that is explored in this book is Arizona as the author talks about the hauntings of The Bird Cage Theater in Tombstone.

The author describes on how some people at The Bird Cage Theater feel like they are being watched, they feel cold spots and at times they get poked by a ghostly finger. Moving along, you have Bragg Road in Hardin County, Texas where mysterious balls of light haunt the road and you might have a ball of light whiz right past you. If you stop off at Everett, Washington, you will find stories about a private residence called the Rucker House, in which a previous owner named Jane is sometimes seen wandering the hallways. It is believed that Jane committed suicide by jumping out of a bedroom window or she may have even been murdered. Since this is a private residence, it's probably best to investigate outside of the home. As you move along with this book, there are ghost tales from Bannack, Montana; the Idaho State Tuberculosis Hospital in Gooding, Idaho. Then your next stop is Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming, if you dare! Make sure to visit the Old Faithful Inn! I really enjoyed the story about the headless bride that roams around the Old Faithful Inn. This lady ghost is wearing a bridal dress and is headless! She is seen carrying her own head underneath her arm! Talk about a spooky place! My kind of place to investigate!

I will name a few more places that this book talks about. The author talks about the ghostly activities at The Old Washoe Club in Virginia City, Nevada; Riverdale Road in Thorton, Colorado; Sica Hollow in Lake City, South Dakota; Sallie - The Heartland Ghost of Atchison, Kansas; Blennerhassett Island at Parkersburg, West Virginia; Highway 365 in Woodson, Arkansas; Bobby Mackey's Music World - Wilder, Kentucky; LaLaurie Mansion - New Orleans, Louisiana; Shades of Death Road - Warren County in New Jersey; Demon Truck of Seven Hills Road - Ellicott City, Maryland; The Night Marchers in Hawaii. I have to mention, my half-brother Andy Somprise Soyo lived in Hawaii for 5 years and actually encountered The Night Marchers, this is a very real phenomena. As a paranormal investigator, I can't tell you how many times I have heard from new ghost hunters that they have no idea on where to investigate. I highly suggest buying this book and placing it into your collection. If you are planning to do some traveling and visiting other states, this is the book that will tell you about haunted places in ALL 50 states! For paranormal enthusiasts and new ghosthunters, this book "American Ghost Stories" needs to be placed in your private library! A great resource!

Special Note: As a paranormal investigator, I have investigated the LaLaurie Mansion in New Orleans and the Old Washoe Club in Virginia City. I must say the author definitely knows his haunted locations. I found all kinds of activity at LaLaurie Mansion and the Old Washoe Club!
Back to top Go down

American Ghost Stories (Book Review)
Page 1 of 1