Gateway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gateway

Your Paranormal Site

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Some New Ghost Info

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 724
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Some New Ghost Info Empty
PostSubject: Some New Ghost Info   Some New Ghost Info Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 5:44 am

I grew up near Greeley Colorado in a small farming town east of Greeley. It's name is Kersey.

You called the a river that runs through the eastern part of Colorado the South Plate River it is actually called the South Platte River.

This area around the South Platte river has several ghost stories that I heard of while growing up as a teenager and into my early to mid twenty's.

There was the story of the " Arona". Se is said to be a Mexican witch who killed supposedly killed several of her babies and put their bodies in a gunny sack.

She then threw the sack into the South Platte River.

The story goes that if you go to the Kersey bridge -( the bridge that crosses the South Platte River just north of Kersey) and go at midnight. You must count the the spacings as if you were on a railroad track and count to five or ten and turn around you will see the arona. She will haunt you until she gets your soul to makeup for the lost souls of her children that she murdered.

The next ghost story is about a pair of phantom headlights. These headlights speed up when you speed up and slow down when you slow down. If you stop all the sudden they will disappear completely. These headlights are on a road known as the Keensburg cutoff to the locals. I'm glad to say that I've never experienced them but I know of at least 1 person who experienced it first hand.

Hope to hear from you soon.

By: timdewey2000@yahoo.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.hauntings.silversgateway.com

Some New Ghost Info
Page 1 of 1