Gateway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gateway

Your Paranormal Site

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

True Ghost Story

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 724
Registration date : 2008-01-26

True Ghost Story Empty
PostSubject: True Ghost Story   True Ghost Story Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 7:55 pm

I am not one of those who's beliefs are for or against the supernatural. During the time of the event I will tell you about, I was your normal Freshman in college in Oklahoma. Anyway, my self and 3 other fraternity brothers were looking for a house to rent in Ada Oklahoma when we found this great house not far from the college but still pretty isolated. It was a two story brick house with 4 large bedrooms. It had been empty for several years which should have been our first clue that something is wrong, but we were young and cash is cash. We asked the realtor if there was something wrong with the property and why was the rent so cheap in a college town but got no straight answer. Regardless we took the deal and moved in. I and Skip took the rooms upstairs wile Randy and Alvin moved downstairs. Nothing much happened at first. Nothing that we took as remarkable. For one thing the front door, made of heavy wood and very difficult to open or close would sometimes just open, stand open for a moment then close. We would laugh it off even though one of our roommates worked as a carpenter and would examine the door and say that it was not possible to do that on it's own. After one of these incidents he went over to the door and tried to open it and had a difficult time opening it (like always). He looked it over very close as said it had warped with time and would always be hard to open and close without planing the ends off.

Soon after so other things began to occur. All of us, at one time or another had seen a small ball of light go from the bottom of the stairs to the second floor. Still we thought this was odd but not something to be concerned about. Being in college we figured it was a reflection from some source causing this and that was kinda cool. This is when things started getting very strange. One night we were all in the living room watching a football game on TV when a loud noise started coming from the wall separating the living room from the kitchen. It was a banging noise like someone hitting the wall. The strikes were so strong that our Frat. crest hanging on that wall was bouncing off the wall. We all got up and ran to the kitchen figuring we would find someone playing a trick on us but when we got there found no one. The banging continued for only a few more minutes then stopped. Alvin (the carpenter) said it was from some pipes in the wall causing it and we had better tell the land lord. The next day we called them and were told that there were no pipes in the walls.

This still was nothing more than a strange event to us, but we did start to compare notes about things that had happened in the house. One thing was in my room (upstairs) you could not keep the window closed. These were old wooden windows. Hard to open or close. My window was opened about an inch the day I moved in and with great effort I closed it only to find the next morning it would be back open to the same place. This got a bit uncomfortable because it was winter. Each night I would close the window and the next morning it would be open. I got very angry with my room mates about this and asked them to stay out of my room, but they each denied opening the window or even being in my room. Finally I figured the window was warping during the night that is why it opens so I put a cut off broom handle wedged at the top. The next morning the window was open again and the broom handle was sitting propped up near the door (12 feet away). It gave me chills but decided to just leave it be. As I told my story, my upstairs room mate reminded me about his room. Although exactly the same as mine, his room was always dark. No mater how many lights or stronger watt bulbs we put in there, it would never lose the darkness. Not enough to not be able to see, but not enough to read.

Our other room mates told some other stories but you get the gist. As things progressed we noticed some other changes in the house. For one thing some girls would not go into our house. I know what your thinking, no we were popular and had girlfriends and such (plus had some great parties). Yet some girls would not go into the house. As soon as they got to the door they just said they could not go in. A couple even broke into tears at the thought of entering the house. When asked why they could not give any answer. All they could say was they were not going into that house ever.

This is getting a bit longer than I expected so I guess I'll cut to the chase. Have not thought about this in 30 years and it's still giving me the creeps.

Anyway, things were happening and Alvin and Randy was ready to move out (Randy's girlfriend was one of those that could not come into the house). It was Christmas time and our house was pretty dressed up for a bunch of guys. Big Tree with too much decorations and the Xmas presents we would be taking home to our families in a few days under the tree. Nothing remarkable happened this night, as a matter of fact it was particularly quiet. We had all went to bed about 2 am and nothing woke us till morning, when I heard Randy yelling from downstairs. It was about 7 am. We thought maybe the house was on fire or worse, but when we got down stairs the look on his face was scary. There in the middle of our large living room was our Tree with all the tinsel and trimming stripped off of it. All the presents, all the furniture, all the dishware, every stitch of clothing we all owned everything piled in a heap that reached the ceiling (16 feel ceiling I might add). In the haste to get down stairs none of us had noticed that everything in our rooms had been removed as we slept.

After a few minutes of just staring at the site in our living room we checked the house from top to bottom. Everything we had brought into the house was there, everything.

This was it for a couple of the guys. We all said it was a trick another Frat. had played on us, or some of our friends that had heard some of the stories that had started to get around about our house. Still, Alvin was done. He moved his stuff out that day and the rest of us said we would do the same when we got back from Xmas break. That night my girlfriend and I was laying on the couch that faced the stairs (she was one of the girls that was not afraid to come over) when suddenly the door did it's trick by opening and closing but this time it was followed by the dim light darting up the stairs. I could feel her body tense and she was trembling and I told her not to be scared she knows that happens all the time when she let our a scream I'll never forget. She pointed to the top of the stairs where steps join with the ceiling and there in plane site was a face looking straight at us. No body, no expression, just a face between the top rung, stair and ceiling. No one could have contorted themselves to a point to get in that position but there it was. I remember my are muscle tensed so much I had a black bruise for weeks. Just as soon as we had both got a good look at it, it moved from site upstairs (no it did not vanish). I have never wanted to run more in my life, but being a young man at that time, I grabbed a baseball bat and ran upstairs ready to kill someone. I tore the house apart looking everywhere to find no one. Jane was still in tears about to have a complete break down. I grabbed all my clothing and everything I knew I could live without and left (I knew I would not go back there again).

Not sure I want anyone to belive me or not. I guess if I had choice I would choose not. Never had any experiences like that before or after and I guess it just does not matter. I just thought you might get a kick out of a story by someone with no reason to tell it.

Also, postscript to the house. They were never able to sell it or rent it. It was finally tore down and now is just an empty lot.

The Follow-up to Allen Leaird's True Ghost Story:

Several years ago, our Frat. had a reunion and I and a couple of the guys from the story where having a few when Skip brought up the house. We had never talked about it afterwards, as if it never happened (way too proud to admit we were scared you know). Funny how difficult the conversation was. Maybe not difficult but guarded. Anyway, after a few more drinks we opened up a bit and Alvin told a few events that he had never reveled before. Said he though we would think him nuts. He said that one night he was in bed asleep (this guy sleeps like a rock) when suddenly he woke up. Did not know why but he felt like something was in the room with him. He said he was so scared he could not move (by the way, this guy was not afraid of anything. Big, strong and never told a lie in his life). His room was just off the living room closest to the front door and stairs.

He noticed his bedroom door was open and from his room he could also see the front door was wide open. He figured that was what woke him up. One of us had come in late from a party and had left the door open. He said he got up and went to the door and yelled "Who the hell left this door open?" To this day I think he spoke the truth when he said he heard a voice that seemed to be right behind him say "We did". He said he spun around and there was no one there. As a mater of fact, he checked the rest of the house and we were all asleep. You'll remember Alvin was the first one to say he was leaving but he never said why until that day of the reunion 20 years later.

By: aleaird@totalnet.us
Back to top Go down
http://www.hauntings.silversgateway.com
troyarn

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-01-26

True Ghost Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Ghost Story   True Ghost Story Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 8:17 pm

EXCELLENT story! This one really gave me the creeps. I truly enjoyed this and thank you for sharing it with us.
Back to top Go down

True Ghost Story
Page 1 of 1